Amazing meter (for the price)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing meter (for the price)

These can be picked up for as low as $10 on ebay, supposed true RMS with freq. and temperature functions. Aneng AN8002 Multimeter

https://www.markhennessy.co.uk/budge...eng_an8002.htm
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

These are also very nice, Fluke, picked up 2 of them. Maybe it was someone here who posted it?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluke-27-FM...8AAOSwgd1bfZo~

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      These can be picked up for as low as $10 on ebay...
      Thanks, I didn't see any that cheap, but paid less than $20 delivered from a USA vendor. It has a nice big display for such a compact meter.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on these. I love threads like this, and would make a humble appeal to the hardest working moderators in show business, that it would be great to have a forum/subforum area dedicated to tools and test equipment

But, to the topic at hand. I'm using an Extech 205T, which I've had for about 2 1/2 years or so. It's a true RMS, autoranging multimeter that I bought for a pretty good price on sale at the time. I needed a true RMS meter I could afford and rely on at the time, but my biggest complaint is that it is annoyingly slow. It's slow in general, but really slow when measuring any kind of resistance.

Any opinions on how quickly the models you guys mentioned can calculate and display accurate measurements?
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by John_H View Post
          Thanks, I didn't see any that cheap, but paid less than $20 delivered from a USA vendor. It has a nice big display for such a compact meter.
          The only ones I saw from US vendors only displayed CAT III/600V ratings. But I saw others being sold as under the same model number labeled CAT III-600V & CAT II-1000V ratings like the one reviewed in the link g1 posted
          If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
            The only ones I saw from US vendors only displayed CAT III/600V ratings. But I saw others being sold as under the same model number labeled CAT III-600V & CAT II-1000V ratings like the one reviewed in the link g1 posted
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANENG-AN800...8070%7Ciid%3A1
            This is the one I bought. It shows 1000v in the description.
            Last edited by John_H; 09-29-2018, 02:39 AM. Reason: edit; 750v AC / 1000v DC

Comment

We already have a section for that: Music Electronics.

My experience with Fluke meters has never included a slow ranging complaint.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                We already have a section for that: Music Electronics.
                (meh...)

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
                  These are also very nice, Fluke, picked up 2 of them. Maybe it was someone here who posted it?
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluke-27-FM...8AAOSwgd1bfZo~
                  I've posted those in the past maybe it was me. That's my favorite cheap meter ! Even though it's not
                  Actually a cheap meter, just inexpensive because it's military surplus. Best stand on a meter I've ever encountered too

Comment

"My experience with Fluke meters has never included a slow ranging complaint."

I picked up a Fluke 101 600v Cat III recently for about $40. It's OK, but it is very slow on resistance readings, several seconds to settle down in some cases.
                    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

My meter showed up this week. So far, so good.
                      The only drawback for me is the test leads. Even though it comes supplied with adapters for every imaginable configuration, they're too stiff, short, and a little awkward. I'll order some proper leads with silicone insulation. It's still an excellent value. I took readings on random resistors from 1 ohm - 2.2m. It took about three seconds to lock-in on whatever I tested, and was consistent with my DMM.

Comment

I do own two of the ANENG AN8002. It does pretty much the job. I really like the fact that it uses AAA batteries.
                        However, when you look inside, you can see that there is no much protection circuitry on the inputs, no PTC / MOV, no high voltage isolation on pcb.

I try to avoid using it when dealing with dangerous voltages and prefer to use my fluke 87V for safety reasons. But to work on low voltage stuff, checking diodes, shortcuts, resistor values, they are doing the job very well.

Comment

I ordered one on Thursday. I'm curious to see how it compares to my Extech. I really would like to get into a Fluke soon, though. I don't know weather to get a used 87 version IV or V, or get a 117.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
                            I ordered one on Thursday. I'm curious to see how it compares to my Extech. I really would like to get into a Fluke soon, though. I don't know weather to get a used 87 version IV or V, or get a 117.
                            117 is good meter, however it is more dedicated to electrician work. You don't have for example mA and ľA range available so for me it has been a no go. I bought a used 87-V for the same price as the 117 in excellent condition. This one is more adapted for electronic work and do have ľA and mA range.

Comment

Originally posted by yann View Post
                              117 is good meter, however it is more dedicated to electrician work. You don't have for example mA and ľA range available so for me it has been a no go. I bought a used 87-V for the same price as the 117 in excellent condition. This one is more adapted for electronic work and do have ľA and mA range.
                              Thanks, man. I'll kee my eye out for an 87 then.

Comment

Working...
                              X