Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipstick Pickups in Les Paul?

Hey ya'll,

Does anybody have experience putting lipstick pups in a Les Paul? I've seen some pictures but trying to figure out the best way to mount them.

I was fortunate enough to get 3 lipsticks from an estate sale of Vincent Bell so I'd really like to put these to good use. Would also appreciate any insight or suggestions on how to wire them up, I'm thinking of using 2 of them together in the bridge position as a humbucker and 1 one in the neck position with some phase and series/parallel switching options. 2 of the pups measure at 3.7K and one is 2.7K so I'm thinking of combining the 2.7K with one of the others as the humbucker.

Let me know any thoughts!
    Thanks

I don't consider it sacrilege, or anything like that, but aren't lipsticks normally mounted from the back of the guitar? If so, that would be kind of awkward for a Les Paul.

Comment

Might want to consider an SG, a Melody Maker, or a slab body Les Paul like a Jr. Maybe even a kit guitar. If you want to experiment... use an Epiphone.

Comment

You can mount some of them in a strat pickguard.
        I built a lipstick kit, and I never did care for them, IMO for me, too bright, and way too hard to make.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

The Epiphone Les Paul SL uses single-coil pickups, and is inexpensive, not to mention very light. The routing in the body looks amenable to installation of a variety of SC types, including lipstick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2c248dd44556d2da55919ba664df08a86cdab02f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	851779

Comment

Working...
          X