This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by netfences View Post
    I think you guys have pretty much validated what I said in post #84 of this thread. I don't know why I, or any other member should have their voice silenced for having an opinion.
    Not what's going on here. Read everything that's been posted here, and you'll see the problem is not 'having an opinion', but being abusive to the members here.

Banning someone in the digital realm is very much an assassination.
    I don't know where you live, but this seems a bit hyperbolic. Even in biker bars, when someone gets beat up and thrown out, they are not normally 'assassinated'. Merely thrown out. We are discussing formal measures to 'throw out' a person who is consistently rude and immature. Nothing more than that.

If opinions are wrong, they show themselves up that way over time and get ignored/dismissed. I prefer that way to other more intrusive remedies. I would be surprised if the majority here didn't share that ethos. We're Americans and freedom to speak defines us.
    No such thing. You will not be allowed to enter a church and shout abuses to the congregation, nor will you be allowed to shout 'fire' in a crowded movie house (or is it the other way around?). There is a social contract that determines what you can speak, and where, without consequences. Being an obnoxious brat in church, school, or MEF brings eventual discipline. We've put up with a lot. Have you read the posts, can you see what's been going on?
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

• Netfences is doright. He talks about freedom of speech when we say we're getting sick of hearing the posts and he puts links in blue text the exact same way as doright. Never saw any member ever do that before douright showed up. Unless their coordinated little group effort requests all trolls format their internet posts the same way. Or multiple personalities, same person. But I think he just keeps messing up.

There have been more than a few tells that these people are the same person. One was RJB said something to douright but maslin replied to his post, probably thinking he was logged in as douright.

Posting this as a public service announcement similar to G1's post.

MEF members keep replying in sincerity but the posts and questions driving the discussion are not posted in sincerity.

Comment

• Escherton's reply (sorry to single you out, lots of pepole replying, not just you, so I don't mean it that way) is very similar to Enzo, Fahey, RJB, etc etc etc replies in various other threads. Same things happening over and over again. but we already did this, but with a different username, but the result is the same. Think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by netfences View Post
          why the snide comment?
          Not snide. Just surprised at apparent knowledge gaps for someone with 10 years of experience. It happens, I guess.
          Before we get into a pissing contest, I apologize for the comment.

Over and out,
          -rb
          Last edited by rjb; 10-11-2018, 05:04 PM.
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

• Originally posted by nsubulysses View Post
            but we already did this
            Yeah, I know. But I had to.
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

• Originally posted by eschertron View Post
              Yeah, I know. But I had to.
              Yeah, I know I didn't have to. But it was fun.
              Last edited by rjb; 10-11-2018, 06:23 PM.
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjb View Post
                Just surprised at apparent knowledge gaps for someone with 10 years of experience.
                The learning curve picks up steeply at year eleven. For the first ten, your real life "sound engineer" is scrubbing toilets, emptying ashtrays, and scraping puke and shit off of snakes & inside sub cabs. Gotta pay your dues before you're allowed to touch a knob or fader. Unless daddy owns the studio/PA company.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

• Yldouright has over 300 posts. I'm not going to review the whole history but if this and the 35mph threads are any indication, it looks like the hostility isn't starting with him. One guy who says he's a professor flat out called him an idiot and some others compared him to a pig. If he was as you say where was his equivalent comeback? I've read lots of his posts on other forums and he's not anybody's idiot. He has some eccentric views on electronics but they're logically formulated from what I understand of them. His questions don't seem silly to me. I was taught that electrons were like marbles in the wire and as one gets pushed forward the one behind it in the circut comes in to fill the gap. Am I the only person who was taught this as a first year BSEE student? Was this truthful teaching? Later, we're told they collide and a charge wave is produced. How many of us haven't accepted this on mostly faith? Ask yourselves if it's really the rudeness of his dialog or the nagging questions that challenge your facts based on accepted beliefs that bug you all so much.

There are probably some areas where his expertise would far exceed most of yours. Being a filmmaker has exposed him to people, players and stories that give him first hand information on things you and I only read about. I have become politically aligned with his views but I have abstained from bringing any of those views forward here. I genuinely wanted to become acquainted with all the people here first. I also want to design a killer music amp. That looks like it's in jeopardy now, for what?

Nsubulysses, what are you talking about with text in blue? I still don't understand your cause against me. Yes, I know Gina personally. She has a very unique combination of skills having both an EE and finance background. Is that why I'm getting a negative vibe from you? I've been ignoring your posts because I haven't known what to make of them. Yldouright and I live in different states, have different career paths and different friends. If you bother to check you'll find different names, email and IP addresses. I'm going to try to keep this thread on track for a while longer but if you keep thread crapping with off topic posts like you've been doing you will succeed in chasing me away.

Comment

• This thread is about amp immediacy, whatever that is. Please don't try to turn in into yet another forum for yl.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• netfences appears to only be here, to rant and to argue!
                      That is a classic discription of a TROLL!
                      If you're not a troll, then you need to change your tactics, cause you may end up on everyone's ignore list.
                      You might want to heed the warning, or you may end up ignored, and talking to yourself!
                      T
                      Last edited by big_teee; 10-12-2018, 05:31 AM.
                      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                      Terry

Comment

• I talked to my guy and this is what he said:

Immediate: It's like the note comes out almost before you pick it.
                        Two Rock (a boutique brand)
                        Tonemaster
                        Dumble
                        Boogie Mk I and Mk II

Not Immediate:
                        Old Deluxe
                        Tweed Bassman
                        Any tweed or blackface Fender
                        Marshall Plexi
                        Dual Rectifier
                        SLO
                        Anything with a rectifier tube.
                        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

• I'd also add Digital Processing amps to the "Not Immediate" list. Agreed?

Comment

• Originally posted by loudthud View Post
                            I talked to my guy and this is what he said:

Immediate: It's like the note comes out almost before you pick it.
                            Two Rock (a boutique brand)
                            Tonemaster
                            Dumble
                            Boogie Mk I and Mk II

Not Immediate:
                            Old Deluxe
                            Tweed Bassman
                            Any tweed or blackface Fender
                            Marshall Plexi
                            Dual Rectifier
                            SLO
                            Anything with a rectifier tube.
                            Does the OP understand that different amps for different types of music? What styles does he play?

I would have to say the tweed delux I built you could light pick it and it would sound clean hit the string with some force and make it dirty.

The op also said he built 3 amps what were they and what did he not like about them. A lot of players have different amps for different songs, because there are a lot of one trick ponies. But above all you have to know what you like.

Me I'm not a player per say, my road to this was to start with a champ, kalamazoo 1, tweed deluxe, 5f1. Each step I learned something new, and I built them all from salvaged organs people were trashing. So far the tweed deluxe evoke the most feeling anf notes came out of my fingers I didn't even know they knew.

nosaj
                            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
                              I'd also add Digital Processing amps to the "Not Immediate" list. Agreed?
                              I would agree on technical grounds, but I can't say I could tell the difference by blind playing or listening tests.
                              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

• Originally posted by loudthud View Post
                                I would agree on technical grounds, but I can't say I could tell the difference by blind playing or listening tests.
                                Oh Blind players kick a$$.
                                nosaj
                                soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X