Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power supply for guitar stomp box board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power supply for guitar stomp box board.

Hi All,
    I have a few stomp boxes for my guitar that Id like to build a power supply for. Smallbear electronics sells this transformer: http://www.smallbear-electronics.myb...-pedal-boards/ that has a bunch of 11v secondaries on one transformer.

I was thinking to get a big box, mount the regulators on the case somehow, then wire up each one individually. Is this how those big multi 9v output stomp box power supplies are usually setup?

Click image for larger version

Name:	10v-power-supply-using-LM7810 (1).GIF
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	874017

Thanks,
    Mike
    The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

If you have pedals that are DC fed, but some are reverse polarity from others, this may be a way to save some $$ compared to buying a Voodoo power brick or similar. If your pedals are all negative ground, and sourced from DC connectors that have - on the inside receptacle, + on the outside barrel, then try a Godlyke Power-all supply to run the lot, cheap @ $20 for a well filtered 2000 mA 9V supply. You'll need an "octopus" cord to get to all the pedals too, but if it works, save a lotta bucks and hassle. Heck you could buy a spare supply & octopus and still be ahead of the game.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...wer-all-system

Last week a customer came in with a couple pedals that hummed something awful with the factory supplied wall wart. We tried the Power-All, quiet as could be! Heckuva deal.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

A 1-Spot is relatively cheap and will power quite a few pedals.

How many ya got?

It would save all the rigamarole of building that supply, unless you like doing stuff like that.

For me, building power supply's is... meh.

I'd rather tinker with tone stack circuits and such, than build a supply.

Edit; I see the Godlyke is similar to the 1-Spot.
      If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
      I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
        If you have pedals that are DC fed, but some are reverse polarity from others, this may be a way to save some $$ compared to buying a Voodoo power brick or similar. If your pedals are all negative ground, and sourced from DC connectors that have - on the inside receptacle, + on the outside barrel, then try a Godlyke Power-all supply to run the lot, cheap @ $20 for a well filtered 2000 mA 9V supply. You'll need an "octopus" cord to get to all the pedals too, but if it works, save a lotta bucks and hassle. Heck you could buy a spare supply & octopus and still be ahead of the game.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...wer-all-system

Last week a customer came in with a couple pedals that hummed something awful with the factory supplied wall wart. We tried the Power-All, quiet as could be! Heckuva deal.
        Cool, thanks Leo, and thanks for the link. 2A filtered for 20 bucks, good deal. I think I could power all my pedals only have a few.

Yes, so far 2 pedals, a few more builds on the horizon, all are 9v + ps, I think.
        Last edited by mikepukmel; 10-08-2018, 12:20 AM.
        The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxiex View Post
          A 1-Spot is relatively cheap and will power quite a few pedals.

How many ya got?

It would save all the rigamarole of building that supply, unless you like doing stuff like that.

For me, building power supply's are... meh.

I'd rather tinker with tone stack circuits and such, than build a supply.
          Yeah, its not a fun project like, tube amps or other stuff, but ... would like to know more 'stuff'. And the more wiring and soldering experience I get, the closer I get to that magic lead blood count! Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post
            Yeah, its not a fun project like, tube amps or other stuff, but ... would like to know more 'stuff'. And the more wiring and soldering experience I get, the closer I get to that magic lead blood count! Heh.
            Ah gotcha,

I built my share of P/S early on.
            It is a good learnin' experience. esp for the lead blood count.
            If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
            I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Working...
            X