Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mozz View Post
    137 so CTS?[ATTACH=CONFIG]50653[/ATTACH]
    Where did you get 137 or that image you posted? Are you referencing the speaker in post #7 or something else?
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Reader View Post
      Thank everyone for comments.
      Attach is a picture of the speaker I ask about. The marking on the rim is all I find and is the same on each of the four speakers.
      TIA,
      Bill

PS: I cannot upload a picture. I am using advance setting and the paperclip button and following the prompts. Tried several different types of files without luck. I'll keep trying but maybe I need to be a senior member to upload files?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50641[/ATTACH]
      I made the picture file smaller. 1.2MB would not load but 65kB did.
      I've seen that exact basket on Utah alnico speakers from the same era.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
        Where did you get 137 or that image you posted? Are you referencing the speaker in post #7 or something else?
        Speaker frame is the same as the op posted. You can see 137 on the magnet.Click image for larger version

Name:	fender-super-reverb-1965-cons-back-panel-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	851744

Comment

Is it possible: that CTS, Utah, Oxford, etc. <MAY> have not manufactured their own frames, but instead bought them all from the same manufacturer? Hence the similarities? Otherwise, without the OP peeling a blue Fender sticker off the magnet, we may never know what they're stamped as...

So maybe either peel the sticker off (I wouldn't), or settle for "how many locks does it take to get to the chocolate center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know."

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Along the way I did read that some rare Jensen speakers with those frames were used in some amps of the era. They are said to sound fabulous. Very interesting that the same frames were used by two different speaker manufacturers.?. But that certainly seems to be the case. The rare Jensens in question also had similar coding on the rims as our OP does. If this is the case I would suppose they are very much worth reconing.

Comment

Working...
            X