So, Mesa MKIV designers got drunk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Mesa MKIV designers got drunk....

And said "hey, how many controls you think we can fit on this". ??
    They had to put slots in the bottom of the chassis just to fit some of the pots!
    I feel bad for the people that had to assemble these monstrosities.

Even worse for I'd idiots (like me) that have to work on them.

As I much as I admire Mesa for attempting to 'please' all, I would have to agree that sometimes it would be best to sit back and decide when enough is enough.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

Heck, you ain't seen nothin' yet 'til you've cracked open a Mk V or JP-2. A couple of friggin' knob-FESTS!

Mk IV, dig back somewheres and you'll find me expounding about the one I was tasked with fixing, after someone spilled soup inside it. Smelled like a very fishy pho loaded with a quadruple dose of nguoc mam whenever it was warmed up. I think I earned the title "Amp Janitor" on that one.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

"let the crappy amps die*," I say

*meaning cheap actually crappy amps that are not worth the time or money to repair, but also super expensive amps that are also crappy, like mesa and similar that are a huge pain to maintain but the manufacterer doesn't seem to care at all
        Last edited by nsubulysses; 10-10-2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

What about carbon comp screen resistors,or critical rectifier diodes hidden underneath big elco caps,...

Comment

sounds like a crappy situation

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
              Heck, you ain't seen nothin' yet 'til you've cracked open a Mk V or JP-2. A couple of friggin' knob-FESTS!

Mk IV, dig back somewheres and you'll find me expounding about the one I was tasked with fixing, after someone spilled soup inside it. Smelled like a very fishy pho loaded with a quadruple dose of nguoc mam whenever it was warmed up. I think I earned the title "Amp Janitor" on that one.

Haha, yes I read the "soup" thread you posted.

You never forget things like that.

Comment

Working...
              X