Thread: Digi-Log Reverb Module

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 88/0
    Given: 47/0

Digi-Log Reverb Module

I'm thinking about building a reverb pedal using the BTDR-2H module. Has anyone tried one of these?
    https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...ini-horizontal

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 79/2
    Given: 9/0
    A number of folks on the DIYstompbox forum have built decent-sounding units with these, and I gather Belton/Accutronics sells tons of them to amp makers producing lower-cost practice amps with on-board reverb.

Of course, unlike actual springs, these will not behave differently depending on how you push them. To some extent, one can design in the qualities one wants in their solid-state reverb by selecting which of the 3 modules they use, and shaping the tone via filters/EQ. Note that, internally, they are essentially a couple of PT2399 delay chips and some passive components; which is why it's a larger epoxied module rather than simply a chip. That's not to diss it in any way, because it IS a clever idea. But reverb can often be such a personal taste, much like distortion, and the idea that everyone's tastes can be addressed with 3 different modules is, well, limited.

That said, they don't go "boing" when you move anything around or knock into the chassis, they are conveniently small, and pretty inexpensive, and don't require more support circuitry than an actual spring does.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks Mark. I found a kit that's based on the chip. I imagine that there countless little practice amps that use this reverb. That being said, I've never heard a reverb on one of those amps that deserved any praise. It might be more controllable in a pedal. Anyway, they're not expensive, so I'll give one a try.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 484/3
    Given: 1,055/2
    Have you tried a Holy Grail reverb pedal?
    Not that it's related to that particular chip, but some folks don't care for it, and if you're in that camp, the exercise may be futile.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    But, I did learn something. There are protons, neutrons, electrons, ............ and morons.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Have you tried?...
    No I haven't. I've got a couple of reverb pedals that I like. This is just for fun. I'm trying to populate a pedal board with stuff that I've built, or assembled. I've put quite a few together already in the last couple of years. Clones, and copies mostly. If this ones not so great, I'll try another. I built a few OD's before I found one I liked. It's paired with a clean drive now, and the two of them together sound great. I've built fuzz boxes, boosters, OD's, delays, chorus, compressors, and a slap-back echo. I've got a tremolo on the bench right now. I'm anxious to see how well it works.

I've built pickups, guitars, amps, and cabinets for a while, but never messed around with pedals much, so this has been fun.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thread Information