Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey's +/- 15V Regulator Questions

Hi, all.

I'm looking into replacing the 7815/7915s on a Peavey Classic Chorus 212 and had a few questions. While I'm in there, is it worthwhile to upgrade to a quieter set? I'm unable to spec out suitable "upgrades" due to not having access to the specs on the stock parts. The only variance in specs across similar parts seems to be quiescent current ratings, and I can choose from between 6-8mA. Which would be ideal in this scenario? Seems moot, as this appears to be more about the VR's efficiency. Also, would it be advisable to up the capacitance on the filtering around them?

TIA
    Last edited by fdesalvo; 10-12-2018, 08:48 PM.
    ~F
    "Ruining good moments since 1975"

They're just regulators. Don't overthink it. No need to upgrade or change values of anything. Just replace the bad parts.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I will abide.
      ~F
      "Ruining good moments since 1975"

Comment

And in general, we can look for quieter regulators, but it really is incumbent upon us to first determine if the existing ones are in fact noisy themselves. Data sheet potentials are not the same as real time measurements.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X