Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schematic for the Hughes & Kettner Statesman Quad or Duel EL84s Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic for the Hughes & Kettner Statesman Quad or Duel EL84s Please!

Hello Everyone

This is a request for the Schematic for the Hughes & Kettner Statesman Quad or Duel EL84 amp please!!!

Thanks for any help,

Stew

maybe try to post up your problem on a separate post
    HK maps are hard to come by

Comment

I would have guessed that a schematic request belongs in "Schematic requests?"
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

i agree,the schematic is really necessary in case the problem lies in complicate switching circuits on double sided pcbs,but for general malfunctions its fairly easy to at least isolate the problem in a specific area,after a while amps all look the same.

Comment

Have you attempted to contact Hughes & Kettner?

http://hughes-and-kettner.com/support/

Comment

Hi Everyone. Isn't this the schematic area? I am brand new to forums.

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
            maybe try to post up your problem on a separate post
            HK maps are hard to come by
            Hi Everyone. Sorry if I posted wrong, I am brand new to forums.
            I thought this was the schematic area and also that I started a new post in the schematic area.

If I've goofed up can you let me know where is the best place to post a schematic request?

Thanks everyone and I really appreciate the help!

Stew

Comment

I think what blindboy was saying is that sometimes hk schematic are hard to get. So if you can't get a schematic post your problem on the trouble shooting page of this forum and if they can help. At least you have chance of fixing it . Arbutt

Comment

Searched for it and found a dozen sites offering it ... ALL of them tried to download Trojans and different kinds of malware in my computer

Ok, as others said, try H&K first, sometimes they send you the schematic but asking you not to publish it, that does not forbid sending a copy to a Tech (guess who ) in a personal mail or Forum personal message so he can troubleshoot it for you.

If not, please describe your actual problem; many can be solved without access to a schematic.

Given what the amp offers: clean channel volume, drive and volume for the dirty one, bass/mid/treble controls, reverb, I donīt expect anything unusual as far as the gain blocks or power amp itself ... what CAN you do with 12AX7 or EL84 which has not been done by somebody else within the last 60 years?

Now they might use some personalized switching system, or reverb might be digital instead of spring type, that would be problematic.

But we donīt know what your problem is (yet).
                I suggest you also post a couple gut and specially boards pictures.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Stew - Fixed Footswitch causing noise in clean channel when returning from OD channel

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                  Searched for it and found a dozen sites offering it ... ALL of them tried to download Trojans and different kinds of malware in my computer

Ok, as others said, try H&K first, sometimes they send you the schematic but asking you not to publish it, that does not forbid sending a copy to a Tech (guess who ) in a personal mail or Forum personal message so he can troubleshoot it for you.

If not, please describe your actual problem; many can be solved without access to a schematic.

Given what the amp offers: clean channel volume, drive and volume for the dirty one, bass/mid/treble controls, reverb, I donīt expect anything unusual as far as the gain blocks or power amp itself ... what CAN you do with 12AX7 or EL84 which has not been done by somebody else within the last 60 years?

Now they might use some personalized switching system, or reverb might be digital instead of spring type, that would be problematic.

But we donīt know what your problem is (yet).
                  I suggest you also post a couple gut and specially boards pictures.
                  Hello again
                  The original issue I was having was the Hughes & Kettner FS-2 footswitch was working correct when going from clean to the overdrive channel except when I returned back to the clean channel, the clean channel then sounded hissy and overdriven like a treble boost.

I bought the FS-2 footswitch used and when I took it apart I could see right away that someone with no soldering skills had monkeyed with it. Makes sense now as when I bought it the person said to me, if it doesn't work for you let me know and I can return your money". I thought nothing of it at the time.

I rewired it with the leds in series, I found the schematic on this site. Now it works perfect and the amp is changing channels as it should quietly.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Stew

Comment

Working...
                  X