No announcement yet.

Mercury Magnetics Valve Junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd spend $300 on anice speaker cab... You know, important stuff!

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

How much tone improvement do you get by swapping the mains transformer? The original "sounds" fine to me.

Comment

There ARE certain "construction technique" that a cheap tranny may use, which JMF has been kind enough to more than amply demonstrate here in the past, but that has no bearing on sound...

Mainly in using that super-skinny wire with the scrape-off or solder-off insulation that takes no punishment or adverse condition before shorting. But that's a construction problem, not a tone one...

Justin
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
          There ARE certain "construction technique" that a cheap tranny may use, which JMF has been kind enough to more than amply demonstrate here in the past, but that has no bearing on sound...

Mainly in using that super-skinny wire with the scrape-off or solder-off insulation that takes no punishment or adverse condition before shorting. But that's a construction problem, not a tone one...

Justin
          Well we're talking a 5watt chinese amp that's like putting 5000 paint job on a Yugo if anyone remembers those(kinda like a gocart with a roof and sides.
          nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Moore View Post
            Sorry about that! I'm using my tablet, and with the slow wi here at home, I didn't see the negative!
            (of course I meant a positive!)
            That's what I figured probably happened, but I didn't want to box you in a corner (in case you really disliked it) by asking if you pushed the wrong button.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X