Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you gents for my evening laugh!
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      And getting back to the topic at hand, I guess what one considers 'wearable' factors in to the equation.
      Indeed. Is it a requirement that the sound making gadgetry be electric? I can think of at least one item that can be worn, used to make music, and is guaranteed to get attention wherever you go!

You know the gentlemen in the photo all agree, this is not only acceptable, but outrageously hip!
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
        Oh, wait! I think I've seen Laurie Anderson in that... no, David Bowie? Klaus Nomi?
        Nope. Peter Gabriel.
        DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          And getting back to the topic at hand, I guess what one considers 'wearable' factors in to the equation.
          Something like this would lend itself nicely to some hartke-esque tones:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50931[/ATTACH]
          You mean Hartke aluminum cones?
          Cool, if aluminum is wearable, and you have no industrial machinery, there is some clothing pieces you can make just with your bare hands:

These can really keep the family united:

If you want full coverage, a real Faraday cage (you can use a metal mesh strainer as face mask):

If you donŽt care about full body but want EMP level protection for your brain:

If you don't want passive defense but instead be able to attack back youŽll need some (wearable of course) transmitter and antennas:

ok,ok, I guess I went over the top and beyond
          SORRY about that.

So it MUST include knitting?

Ok, I surrender.

I fed my sheep old Hammond chassis aluminum scrap and with the wool she produced I knit this beautiful (wearable) hat:
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
            I fed my sheep old Hammond chassis aluminum scrap and with the wool she produced I knit this beautiful (wearable) hat:
            You're not too far off. Did you notice that this tutorial involves knitting 36AWG bus wire and cotton yarn to make a wearable strip board?
            https://www.instructables.com/id/Kni...Circuit-Board/
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

I was browsing through the back issues of Poptronics at the American Radio History archive, and came across an article on piezoelectric film speakers in this issue: https://www.americanradiohistory.com...PE-1991-08.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
                I was browsing through the back issues of Poptronics at the American Radio History archive, and came across an article on piezoelectric film speakers in this issue: https://www.americanradiohistory.com...PE-1991-08.pdf
                Kewel. Nice simple explanation. And while Heathkit is long gone, and many manufacturers no longer bother selling to small fries, other hobby-friendly companies like Sparkfun & Adafruit have popped up in the mean time. In my view, looks like a path worth exploring.
                -rb
                DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Juan,

I just wanna say, I'm glad you're back, both with actual tech knowledge AND over-the-top silliness.

Justin
                  Last edited by Justin Thomas; 10-29-2018, 07:01 PM.
                  "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                  "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                  "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
                  X