Behringer DDX3216 does not transmit MMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer DDX3216 does not transmit MMC

I use an EMAX II as a midi monitor, it has a special function to display raw MIDI data content coming in without filtering.

I also use MIDI monitor, an OS X application by SNOIZE which detects everything including midi exclusives.

MMC according to Wikipedia authors: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_Machine_Control

I use a Yamaha AW4416 (which also has MMC) as reference to a working situation. The EMAX II shows the AW4416 MMC codes successfully as START, STOP, Song Position, etc.

The same cannot be achieved with the DDX3216 even though MMC TX is set active as explained in the manual:

13.2 Machine Control page in MIDI menu
    13.2.1 MIDI Machine Control
    The Machine Control page provides transport controls for MMC-compatible recorders. They can also be used to control the internal timecode of the DDX3216.
    Before the MMC control can be used, you need to enter the recorder’s correct MMC device number on the SETUP page. Additionally, you should enable the transmission/reception of MMC messages on the RX/TX page.

If anyone is able to successfully detect MMC codes START/STOP/CONTINUE/SongPosition coming out of the DDX3216 please let us know. Thx!

MIDI monitor gives nothing MMC with DDX3216 and everything MMC with AW3216.
    Last edited by Phoebus1966; 10-27-2018, 11:29 AM. Reason: Adding Behringer brand & Midi monitoring details

The MIDI cable was defect 😯

However the DDX3216 only transmits MMC when SOURCE (AUTOMATION) is set to other than CLOCK.
    Of course this isn't logic at all. But there's more, the DDX3216 does not transmit anything out when SOURCE is set to CLOCK. So I wonder how any device can be coupled for sync purposes when the DDX3216 MMC and AUTOMATION settings contradict this.

Comment

Working...
    X