Moog CDX "White Elephant"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moog CDX "White Elephant"

Looking for user or service manual for Moog CDX White Elephant, the dual manual Cordox organ plus Moog Satellite thing. Can't find a dang thing! Has a constant D drone and a few dead keys I am trying to sort out.

Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by burymyteeth View Post
    Looking for user or service manual for Moog CDX White Elephant, the dual manual Cordox organ plus Moog Satellite thing. Can't find a dang thing! Has a constant D drone and a few dead keys I am trying to sort out.

Thanks for any help!
    Based on this link http://studioinnocenti.blogspot.com/...-elephant.html
    Here you go http://www.transanalog.com/manuals/Cordovox/
    Couldn't find any free options.
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Thanks! $25... i think i'll just keep staring blankly into the circuitboards for a while, though i'm sure i'll shell it out eventually.

Comment

Thanks! $25... i think i'll just keep staring blankly into the circuitboards for a while, though i'm sure i'll shell it out eventually.
        Give us some gutshots.

Also is it yours? If not include the price of the SM into repair cost. A SM is like a roadmap. It'll be well worth the $25
        nosaj

Comment

Yeah its mine, hence me being cheap haha. Is a real pleasure to work on though, looks crazy with all three sections lifted:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6610.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	729.3 KB
ID:	851948

Name:	IMG_6608.jpeg
Size:	876.1 KB
ID:	851949

Name:	IMG_6605.jpeg
Size:	894.7 KB
ID:	851950
          satellite section. The satellite tuning has drifted quite a bit so wont stay in tune across octaves. there's a bunch of pots here obviously but i dont know whats what, or if the Cordovox manufactured Satellite is the same as the Moog Satellite, or if I need an "Orbit" schematic, haha, I don't know

Name:	IMG_6606.jpeg
Size:	913.1 KB
ID:	851951
          i ordered a couple of those SAJ110s in the back which are some type of divider, all of the dead keys are As, i'm not sure if the constant D tone is because of them as well, but I'll have two

Name:	IMG_6607.jpeg
Size:	897.1 KB
ID:	851952

Name:	IMG_6609.jpeg
Size:	904.6 KB
ID:	851953

Comment

Ok looks just like any other organ to me, first thing I see are what looks like cards that can be plugged in(img6607.jpg) If they are indeed cards unplug them and clean the contacts, over time they can become resistive. Each card will likely be a portion of the keyboard, I don't recommend unplugging them with it powered on, what I would do is. Power off unplug a card clean the contacts, then turn organ on with out that card installed, see if your drone is gone. By the time your done should know which card is problematic and have spent $25 worth of time. While your at i,t doing that on all the connectors might not be a bad idea.
            nosaj

Also img 6608.jpg If you notice when you press a key the lever moves a bar to touch a wire contact which could be dirty Those can be cleaned also.

Comment

Thanks! Those cards unfortunately have a bunch of legs coming off of them and are soldered to the board , can't reseat them.

Comment

Thanks! Those cards unfortunately have a bunch of legs coming off of them and are soldered to the board , can't reseat them.
                Ok for the dead keys hit one while looking under to see which contact wire you can clean. See if you notice any improvement If not you should be able find the wire. At this point if the wire gets lost you could try using the continuity test to find where it goes. I've been in computers and networks for a few years Sometimes I use a fox and hound to sort through wire bundles. Once you find the card it's connected to then pull out your trusty service manual

Try cleaning those wire contacts first though.
                nosaj

Comment

Working...
                X