Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EON 515 - T601 xfmr specs

Hello,

I wondered if anyone can help. I have an EON 515 that has a bad transformer on the amp board T601 part # 140307-2. I called JBL and they do not have any specs on this xfmr - they said they only sell the amp board. I was wondering if anyone has come across the specs so I can look for a replacement xfmr instead of buying the board?

I have 83v at the primary but no output.

Thanks,
    Jim

Welcome to the Forum

A couple questions:

1) is this a conventional EI or Toroidal 50/60 Hz mains transformer or a high frequency ferrite switching type?
    In the second case you will NOT find commercial equivalents, since they are not "generic" but custom built in each case.

2) how do you know itīs bad?

3) how can you have "83V" on input?
    I would expect 120/240V AC or 150/300V DC .

4) please post the schematic so we know what weīre talking about, otherwise "T601" , etc. means nothing.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I've attached the link, sorry if hard to read the xfmr is in the center T601. I measure 83v at primary but I don't get anything out, there is no voltage coming into the +15v regulator MC7815 or -15 Reg MC7915 which then I tested the output of the transformer and get no output.

https://www.google.com/search?q=E515...0tDQnPLagp8yM:

Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

Just asking but are you aware that you are working on a switch mode power supply?

As the Primary side is attached directly to the mains, they can be very dangerous to work on.
        The zero volt reference is not the same from the Primary to the Secondary.

That said, the 83V you are reading is a function of the switching circuit.
        It cannot be a steady 83V as in Vdc.
        The switching speed is in the 1000's of CPS.

Is the main relay (K601) closing at power on?

E515 PWA.pdf

Comment

I measure 83v at primary
          What do you mean by that?

Where are you attaching multimeter probes?

What scale are you using? AC? DC?

Do you know transformer primary and everything to its left is directly attached to dedly Mains voltage?

And everything from Secondary to the right belongs to the amplifier area ande is NOT connected to the left area?

Hint: putting black probe on right area and red probe on left area will show wild values meaning nothing.

And regular Multimeters read from DC to about 400Hz ... they have no clue or directly donīt see high frequencies used in SMPS (switching supplies).
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Check continuity on the primary and secondary windings. I doubt very much if the transformer is bad.

Comment

Worrying about the OP still being alive. Last seen he was working on a live mains circuit without noticing it.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X