Marshall DSL 100HR schematic needed and comment appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL 100HR schematic needed and comment appreciated

Hi. Looking at a newer Marshall DSL 100HR. Came in with FS2 and FS3 blown. 1 of 4 EL34 tested shorted and was discolored along with its mate. Noticed that the charge on FS2 was/is not bleeding off...got a nice spark on my discharge probe. I replaced the tube and jumpered in new sacrificial fuses and the amp sounded great for 20 minutes, though still not bleeding off the charge. Power cycled a few times now getting fat humm on power up and blowing fuses again. Bad electrolytic? Amp only 2 year old.

Can someone please post schematic for dsl 100hr. Thanks.

Do the circuit boards have DSL 100-60-02 printed on them??
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

That is a pretty new amp.

Not too sure if the schematic is even out there yet.

Comment

I got the schematic from our marshall rep. D10 of the f2 plate bridge circuit was a dead short when measured yesterday. Funny thing was when the amp came it had f2 blown. at that time I replaced f2 and a shorted el34 (not of that circiut i later learned) and the amp worked fine for a spell. Then f2 blew again. Replaced D10 and now seems fine. Question is, can these 1n4007s go intermittent for a while? Should i suspect the other diodes? Thanks.

Comment

This may be it ??
          John

dsl100.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by fredcapo View Post
            I got the schematic from our marshall rep. D10 of the f2 plate bridge circuit was a dead short when measured yesterday. Funny thing was when the amp came it had f2 blown. at that time I replaced f2 and a shorted el34 (not of that circiut i later learned) and the amp worked fine for a spell. Then f2 blew again. Replaced D10 and now seems fine. Question is, can these 1n4007s go intermittent for a while? Should i suspect the other diodes? Thanks.
            So are you going to keep it to yourself?
            Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

The kid handling the call with u.s. music just handed me 3 pages. I will ask him if he saved the pdfs and if so will post.

The schematic John above posted is an earlier version (looks like 2011). I did not check for similarity.

Comment

I didn't see a D10 on John's schematic. FS2, being a fuse leading to the bias network....that's the first time I've seen a fuse in the bias circuit. If that fuse blows, there's no negative bias on the tubes, and they'd conduct like crazy, red-plating. I'd assume that would cause FS1 to blow as well. As there's so little current flowing in the bias network, I'd suspect the first filter cap following the rectifier (D8 on this schematic).

Also the first Marshall schematic I've seen where you can see all of the circuits without having to make a connector list to piece all the individual pages together to follow it.
                Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

FS2 in the DSL100HR is one of the plate circuits. Actually i could not find all of the connection endpoints to match.

Comment

Can you please post the schematic so we can all be on the same page.

If you agreed to not post it, copy the page in question & post just that.

Comment

Sorry but I only work on several amps per month so I dont go into my shop every day...away a few days now but will be back next week and will see if the pdf is on the shop pc somewhere...else will scan it in.

Comment

DSL100M2-60-02-V5 Page1.pdfDSL100M2-60-02-V5 Page2.pdfDSL100M2-61-02-V4.pdf

Last edited by fredcapo; 12-02-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

That attachment did not work.
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Sorry I thought I deleted that Was trying from ipad.. See above loaded from laptop seems to be ok

Comment

There must be a page missing as there is not a drawing of the AC inlet or the power transformer.

Comment

Working...
                              X