Silvertone Guitar and amp in case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone Guitar and amp in case

I have a silvertone guitar that came with the amp in the case 1448 I think.

It has been in pieces for a while. Something is missing like the mount for the lipstick pickup. I did find a block of wood.
    Does any one have a pic of the pieces I might need to put this back together.

Thanks,
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
    I have a silvertone guitar that came with the amp in the case 1448 I think.

It has been in pieces for a while. Something is missing like the mount for the lipstick pickup. I did find a block of wood.
    Does any one have a pic of the pieces I might need to put this back together.

Thanks,
    nosaj
    Ok I found a pick I'm missing the bracket where could I find one?

https://reverb.com/item/13368669-vin...and-u-models-2
    nosaj

Comment

If I donīt remember wrong and itīs the original amp-in-a-case and not a reissue, it was a transformerless hot chassis amplifier.
      If so please DO add an insulating 120/120VAC transformer.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        If I donīt remember wrong and itīs the original amp-in-a-case and not a reissue, it was a transformerless hot chassis amplifier.
        If so please DO add an insulating 120/120VAC transformer.
        It is 35w4 I think a 50cl and a 12au6. It needs work also, but first just trying to get the guitar reassembled.
        I took it on trade for fixing a keyboard. sometimes you gotta barter

nosaj

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6FC3CF37-3F92-4278-8D89-CEE49A94BE16.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	852013You got a great deal! I just sold a Black 1959 Dano DC for $1400. Unless things have changed those “amp in the case” sets sell for quite a bit... especially if they are an original pair. And yeah.. it’s a series filament widow maker.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]51013[/ATTACH]You got a great deal! I just sold a Black 1959 Dano DC for $1400. Unless things have changed those “amp in the case” sets sell for quite a bit... especially if they are an original pair. And yeah.. it’s a series filament widow maker.
            Yes it's an original pair. Looks like it might be easier to fabricate the metal strip. I have some pickup screws. I can just tap the hole. I think I have some aluminum sheet I can make the bracket with.

Also missing a tone knob it anyone knows wher i might find one at.

nosaj

Comment

The bracket is steel. You want to keep it authentic. Have you simply called StewMac? The reproduction Dano parts are almost if not exactly the same. I doubt if you need more than $10 in parts. Do it right. Just tell them what you need.. they will even tell you how to age them to match. There’s also EBay. It’s worth it to make it original.

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=schematics+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.silvertonewo rld.net%2F
                It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                X