Thread: headphones for homerecording

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 3/0

headphones for homerecording

I'm looking for good, but not expensive heaphones for my studio. I need natural sounding bass. My budget is +/- 50-60 dollars. I found these
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ing-headphones
    https://musicsquare.co.uk/161864_AKG...eapdhones.html
    which one will be better? Or maybe something different?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 223/1
    Given: 556/1
    Those AKG phones look very similar to my K240's, which were very natural, and didn't have the 'smiley-face' EQ curve applied, to hype the sound as you might with home-hifi bass/treble controls. I did a lot of my recording in a home-studio apartment, so I definitely wanted flat response. The Audio Technica look like they would have the 'happy-face' curve. I'd go with the AKG's, myself. Though, for studio phones, the AT's might be a better choice, as they probably seal better, so less leakage thru the phones when you're doing vocals.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 130/0
    Given: 74/0

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 594/21
    Given: 1,309/5
    blank, seeing as you keep linking to the same online retailers I have reported your post as spam.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    But, I did learn something. There are protons, neutrons, electrons, ............ and morons.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 932/5
    Given: 953/0
    It's at least possible that the same on line retailers are in the links because that's where he/she shops.?. But I had the same thought this morning about the spam potential. Every post includes links and sometimes the questions are odd. Like the best delay pedal for punk rock.?. Reading through blank's posts, it's hard to tell.

"...less ear-friendly but handy for jazz." Leo_Gnardo

"A pedal, any kind, will not make a Guitar player more dangerous than he already is." J M Fahey

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"A shot gun delivers a force that exceeds the operational range of most systems, such as pumpkins." Antigua

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 662/15
    Given: 712/0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    It's at least possible that the same on line retailers are in the links because that's where he/she shops.?. But I had the same thought this morning about the spam potential. Every post includes links and sometimes the questions are odd. Like the best delay pedal for punk rock.?. Reading through blank's posts, it's hard to tell.
    IF... an occasional answer to a questioning post includes links to a source, I see no harm. Heck I mention what I consider to be good sources, & so do many others.

HOWEVER, when every post has the same format: I got a great gadget! or, I'm pretending to look for a gadget between $40-60.... Hey you gotta get your gadget here: http://buyagadget.com well that looks sorta suspicious.

Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 11-08-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Leo... Have you clicked your faux link to see where it goes

"A pedal, any kind, will not make a Guitar player more dangerous than he already is." J M Fahey

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"A shot gun delivers a force that exceeds the operational range of most systems, such as pumpkins." Antigua

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck H View Post
    Leo... Have you clicked your faux link to see where it goes
    oops, that looks sorta suspicious. I dunno what's going on there but let's leave 'em alone. Changed, and now nothing shows up, at least as far as I can tell.

Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 560/15
    Given: 456/13
    I can easily imagine blank monetizing those posts in some way.

Even at the crudest level, such as asking any of them, on his own: "hey!!! look how much I push your stuff online!!! now give me a discount on xxxxx!"

After all, there IS such a thing as "Internet Influencer" , entitled people who think they can "influence" people to buy/consume this or that.

For a pathetic example of such an "influencer" trying to get a free weekend stay at a well known Dublinīs Hotel, read this ... and compare with above post possible intentions:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/307763
    Influencers
    Irish Hotel Publicly Shames Social Media Influencer for Requesting Free Stay

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by J M Fahey View Post
    I can easily imagine blank monetizing those posts in some way.

Even at the crudest level, such as asking any of them, on his own: "hey!!! look how much I push your stuff online!!! now give me a discount on xxxxx!"

After all, there IS such a thing as "Internet Influencer" , entitled people who think they can "influence" people to buy/consume this or that.

For a pathetic example of such an "influencer" trying to get a free weekend stay at a well known Dublinīs Hotel, read this ... and compare with above post possible intentions:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/307763

Leave it to an Irish hotel keeper to give her (and her kind) the mickey!

What is notable, and a bit more annoying, is the resistance our hotelier gets on his Farcebook page. Apparently there's a lot of folks who think he insulted Miss Dolly Bird by not giving her what she asked for. But the photo atop the page says it all: here's our staff, giving YOU the big horse laugh, you must be daft, you silly thing! One more observation: the rainbow pattern surrounding the hotel logo indicates (possibly?) what sort of clientele they may be trying to attract. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Thanks for a very entertaining start to my day Juan!

Enjoy. Every. Sandwich.

Thumbs Up/Down
    If you click on the "read more" tab for the restaurateur's reply in Juan's link there's a staged picture of staff members laughing at the prospect that is actually funny as hell just because they went to the trouble

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thread Information