Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: KRK 10S Service Manual request

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question KRK 10S Service Manual request

    I need the KRK 10s sub service manual.
    I'm having problem with my sub.
    I do not know if the RH701 value is correct.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    "Thermionic Apocalypse" -JT nickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,559
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 757/1
    Given: 599/1
    Rep Power
    13
    RH701 is 20K at 25C. You would need to remove it from the circuit in order to test it. What are the problem symptoms?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member vintagekiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,587
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 267/1
    Given: 220/0
    Rep Power
    16

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    "Thermionic Apocalypse" -JT nickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,559
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 757/1
    Given: 599/1
    Rep Power
    13
    What exact symptoms do you have?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nickb View Post
    RH701 is 20K at 25C. You would need to remove it from the circuit in order to test it. What are the problem symptoms?
    Ok, the value is correct.
    Now I see VR401 are very bad.
    I have the following problem, my sub stopped working after getting very hot, I opened it and changed some capacitors that were bad, I changed the output transistors and their drivers. taking the output signal before the relay, apparently this is correct, without DC, but the protection does not trigger the relay

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    253
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 133/0
    Given: 3/0
    Rep Power
    10
    I've fixed many KRK speakers and without exception the solution was to remove the black goop. Make sure none of it touches any component or jumper wire.
    A heat gun helps loosen it, then scrape it off with a chopstick or whatever.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    "Thermionic Apocalypse" -JT nickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,559
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 757/1
    Given: 599/1
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadro View Post
    Ok, the value is correct.
    Now I see VR401 are very bad.
    I have the following problem, my sub stopped working after getting very hot, I opened it and changed some capacitors that were bad, I changed the output transistors and their drivers. taking the output signal before the relay, apparently this is correct, without DC, but the protection does not trigger the relay
    Check the voltages on D701 and D706 anodes - they should be +15V. There are the signals that determine if the relay operates.

    PS: Better check the +15V power supply. You should have +15V on both sides of R711 82 ohms.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Rep Power
    0
    D701 and D706 have +15V
    The power suplly +15 is ok
    R711 have +15V in both side

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nickb View Post
    Check the voltages on D701 and D706 anodes - they should be +15V. There are the signals that determine if the relay operates.

    PS: Better check the +15V power supply. You should have +15V on both sides of R711 82 ohms.
    Its all ok
    D701 and D706 have +15v in the anodes.
    Power supply +15 is ok R711 have +15 in both sides

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dmeek View Post
    I've fixed many KRK speakers and without exception the solution was to remove the black goop. Make sure none of it touches any component or jumper wire.
    A heat gun helps loosen it, then scrape it off with a chopstick or whatever.
    I do
    But does not resolved

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0
    Rep Power
    0
    I just see, I have 14mV DC in output before the relay.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    173
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 7/0
    Rep Power
    13
    ITS THE BLACK GOOP. The new replacement modules use a white glue and they stopped dumping over parts for no reason.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Old Timer J M Fahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,753
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,880/23
    Given: 1,463/35
    Rep Power
    27
    In any case, 14mV offset is not enough to trigger any speaker protection.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. EV zlp 15 service manual
    By audiobrad in forum Schematic Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2018, 03:23 AM
  2. Request for Roland JC60A Service Manual
    By dsflores in forum Schematic Requests
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 04:14 AM
  3. Roland RD-700GX Service Notes request - service manual
    By ivanhoe in forum Schematic Requests
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 09:21 PM
  4. Allen & Heath GL2400 schematics or service manual request...
    By pecorporation in forum Schematic Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 07:16 PM
  5. In need of service manual
    By TedinOttawa in forum Schematic Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 12:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •