NOS carbon comp resistor stash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS carbon comp resistor stash

An old feller who is getting out of hobby electronics called me to see if I wanted to buy out his shop and supplies. I didn't really need anything he had, but I did see has has a pretty sizeable stash of NOS carbon comps, as well as diodes, caps, etc. He used to troll HAM radio fests, and ended up with waaaaay too much than he would ever use. I mention this here because if anyone is interested, and wants to talk to him, messgae me and I will give you his number in SWFL.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

It has been a while now, but when I closed my shop I went through ALL my resistors, including hundreds of old carbon comp types. I measured every one. Many were way out of tolerance, I had a bunch of old 20% ones as well as 5% and 10%. SO I kept 20% ones within tolerance, but tossed ones of same measure but 5% since they were out of tolerance if you dig.

Point being, you might sample a handful of old CC resistors to see if they have drifted over the years.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      It has been a while now, but when I closed my shop I went through ALL my resistors, including hundreds of old carbon comp types. I measured every one. Many were way out of tolerance, I had a bunch of old 20% ones as well as 5% and 10%. SO I kept 20% ones within tolerance, but tossed ones of same measure but 5% since they were out of tolerance if you dig.

Point being, you might sample a handful of old CC resistors to see if they have drifted over the years.
      Only ones I have seen mostly retain values were Allen Bradley's but a lot of that is determined by storage conditions, and FL sucks for storage unless it's climate controlled.

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
      X