Rhodes Stage piano: split signal to two Twin Reverbs w/ effects loop for re-201

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    Ad says "out of stock." Sorry to disappoint. Worth emailing VV & see if/when they will have another run of these. I was going to suggest Vintage Vibe anyway. Chris Carroll is one of those "old keyboard guys" who has seen just about everything.
    They go so out of their way. they helped me most of the way on my first Rhodes restoration(down to the bone. I had pieces everywherebut got it all back together and boy it was nasty sounding I loved it it was right up there with the garbage can Tweed deluxe I built from trash. Sounds were just awesome with the bark and bite.
    Hmmm a rhodes through a tweed deluxe might a have to try that
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Sent them a message, hopefully they'll get some in soon!!

Comment

wont be in stock til december will be my christmas present to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by burymyteeth View Post
          wont be in stock til december will be my christmas present to myself.
          At least it's not forever, just a couple weeks. Hope it does the trick for you.

Meanwhile, amuse yourself by having a look at those custom keyboards VV builds. A bit expensive BUT if they're as bulletproof as they say, would be a bargain for the touring muso.
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

An update to my Rhodes tone struggles:

Much thanks to Leo Gnardo and Helmholtz on the input impedance thing, I plugged the output of the Rhodes with a short patch cable into a Boss TU-2 and ran the buffered out into the Mic input on the Space Echo and the Space Echo output to channel 2 of the 1st twin, it was night and day, so much clarity and life came back to the signal. I used the bypass out from the TU-2 to go into the mono input of my DL-4 and split the stereo signal from the DL-4 to Channel 2 of the 2nd twin and channel 1 of the 1st twin. I now have a very clean stereo signal which can use the stereo delays of the DL-4 and the Space Echo channel on the 2nd channel of the 1st Twin. I thought I would hate having the Space Echo only in one amp, but, my god, this is the best tone I've ever had. I didn't even have to buy anything. Thanks very much!!

Comment

An update to my Rhodes tone struggles:

Much thanks to Leo Gnardo and Helmholtz on the input impedance thing, I plugged the output of the Rhodes with a short patch cable into a Boss TU-2 and ran the buffered out into the Mic input on the Space Echo and the Space Echo output to channel 2 of the 1st twin, it was night and day, so much clarity and life came back to the signal. I used the bypass out from the TU-2 to go into the mono input of my DL-4 and split the stereo signal from the DL-4 to Channel 2 of the 2nd twin and channel 1 of the 1st twin. I now have a very clean stereo signal which can use the stereo delays of the DL-4 and the Space Echo channel on the 2nd channel of the 1st Twin. I thought I would hate having the Space Echo only in one amp, but, my god, this is the best tone I've ever had. I didn't even have to buy anything. Thanks very much!!
              Awesome and thank you for trying the suggestions of the members. Now there is a verified answer for future users.

nosaj
              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

this is the best tone I've ever had. I didn't even have to buy anything. Thanks very much!!
                "Didn't have to buy anything" appeals to that portion of my genes which are Scottish. Thank YOU very much for the credit & I'm sure you'll get a similar response from Helmholtz. Except for the Scottish part . Hey, anyone takes delight in saving some dough!
                Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 11-11-2018, 02:11 PM.
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Yeah, you're welcome.
                  I am not really surprized that high impedance and echo only through one amp sounds great. For some stereo illusion you want left and right signals to be at least somewhat different, i.e. a difference in sound, delay, echo etc. I remember great Rhodes sounds when played through a Roland JC 120. This is a stereo (guitar) amp with high input impedance and chorus effect only on one channel (speaker).
                  - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

And nosaj, regarding the vintage vibe drop in preamp, they were out of stock so I called a shop here in Chicago that is quite the authority on all things Rhodes, Chicago Electric Piano Company. I spoke to the owner who highly recommended the Fulltone Supa-Trem instead. Saves me about $250 of the cost of the preamp so I may consider it later to get that real stereo trem that would have been the main point of the pre, well, besides the effects loop. I will, however, allow myself to be happy with what I have for at least a couple days.

Comment

Working...
                    X