roland re-201 space echo 'echo/normal' switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roland re-201 space echo 'echo/normal' switch

I have an re-201 that I sent for repair because the motor had totally seized. Got it back, works great now, except a weird thing has happened. The echo/normal switch which used to disable the delay and leave the reverb has now flipped to where the switch disables the reverb and keeps the delay. Is there an internal switch that the tech must have flipped that I can just flip back? Strange. Thanks!

http://manuals.fdiskc.com/flat/Rolan...e%20Manual.pdf

What's the statement of the repair shop?
    Last edited by Helmholtz; 11-08-2018, 09:25 PM.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Yes I have the manual thank you. It is not something that is explicitly stated in the manual and I don't have the knowhow to determine it from a schematic, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by burymyteeth View Post
        Yes I have the manual thank you. It is not something that is explicitly stated in the manual and I don't have the knowhow to determine it from a schematic, any help is appreciated, thanks.
        Well, if you have it, why didn't you post it? It may help those trying to answer your question.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I asked them about it but haven't heard back, just pretty antsy to get it back to "normal", to me at least.

Comment

understood, i misconstrued your link as you replying "just read the manual dude", obviously its for everyones reference, i'll remember to include the link next time.

Comment

Originally posted by burymyteeth View Post
              The echo/normal switch which used to disable the delay and leave the reverb has now flipped to where the switch disables the reverb and keeps the delay. Is there an internal switch that the tech must have flipped that I can just flip back?
              I'm not quite sure what you are describing.

You say it "flipped"? Do you mean if ONLY the toggle switch was loosened and turned 180 degrees (which would "flip" the direction of pointing to normal/echo)...then it would be working perfectly?

Or, is it actually doing something electonically completely different? The use of the word "flipped...twice...and you stating "it works great now"...would suggest that it seems to work properly, if not for that pesky switch being backwards?

If it is actually working properly (ignoring the switch orientation) maybe they just inadvertantly turned the switch 180 degrees out during repair, and maybe all you would need to do is loosen up the outer nut, and turn it back around? Would be best to take the case off, inspect the wiring to be sure it CAN be turned easily without tearing anything loose, loosen the outer nut, turn the switch body, and tighten the outer nut.

Is that possibly the problem? Or, is it actually electronically functioning differently, despite either switch orientation? THAT needs answered before any other diagnostics are needed.

Brad1

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1 View Post
                I'm not quite sure what you are describing.

You say it "flipped"? Do you mean if ONLY the toggle switch was loosened and turned 180 degrees (which would "flip" the direction of pointing to normal/echo)...then it would be working perfectly?

Or, is it actually doing something electonically completely different? The use of the word "flipped...twice...and you stating "it works great now"...would suggest that it seems to work properly, if not for that pesky switch being backwards?

Brad1
                It is doing something different electronically, so not the physical orientation. The switch used to turn off the Echo and leave the Reverb effect on when switched from Echo to Normal. Now it turns off the Reverb and leaves the Echo instead. So it is doing the opposite of what it used to. The switch has switched. If you flip it, it is flipped. haha sorry. I emailed Echo Fix, they got right back to me and suggested that the tech may have flip flopped a couple of wires on the board when putting it back together which makes sense to me. I haven't had a moment to open it up and take a look and compare to other photos but certainly will soon, perhaps today.

Comment

Working...
                X