Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange TH30 OT replacement

Hi,

I have an Orange TH30, love how it sounds but i want a better tone and note separation.

I read in other post that a Mercury Magnetics OT upgrade and choke will change the tone a lot, but MM are very expensive, so i was thinking after reading several post here if it is possible to change the chinese OT for a Classic Tone AC30 OT Vox Style: 4/8/16 Ohm, 30W Output Transformer will work, and upgrade the tone.

Also want to install a choke 20 Hy, 100mA DC Original Version like the AC30

Thanks for the help

Best regards

Consider using a different speaker first. Which one? I'm sure a bunch of suggestions will follow. What's good about approaching your solution through a speaker change, is you can audition whatever you can get your hands on, without committing a pile of money and having to wrench the insides of your amp. Also listen to live music - if you hear somebody's rig that hits your ear right, find out what they're using, then try to audition those speakers with your amp & guitar. About half the people I give this advice to land on Celestion vintage 30. The rest, a wide spectrum of choices, everything from ToneTubby San Rafael Specials to JBL E120.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
    X