Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaahh!!

Ok, thanks for your help

I was really hoping I could find an assembled board, but it looks like I'm gonna have to build it.
    I found this guy on youtube who has built a power supply for this very amp module, so I guess I'll just copy what he did.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8TN9OjywM

My soldering is ok and I have basic knowledge, so I'm sure I can do this with a little guidance, but if anyone does know where I can get an assembled board that already does the job, I'd be most grateful!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	852216

Comment

Not sure why are you going through all this.

1) Your Blue Guitar AMP1 does include a 100W amplifier !!!!!!

2) like all amps, it can be turned down

3) want to play it safe? .... fine with me, just donīt use a 20W speaker
      Eminence Alpha 8A can take it, and is basically what Quilter uses.
      https://www.amazon.com/Eminence-Amer.../dp/B000AAPNKM

125W RMS , you wonīt accidentally blow it.
      Sounds real smooth, more of a PA speaker than a Guitar one, so you wonīt get that dreaded icepick or buzzy sound you dislike (we too) but a quite warm and full one, incredible for an 8"

Or, Plan B, attenuate the speaker you already have: you need one 8 ohm 25W resistor in parallel with 8 ohm speaker, plus one 4 ohm 50W in series with them.

Presto!!!! , your 100W amp just turned into a 25W one.

You can attenuate even more if needed.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hahaa yes, I guess I do look a bit mad, but there is some logic to it, I promise

For normal gigs, I do just plug the Amp 1 into my cab and put a mic on it.

The real point of this is, to have a tiny as possible "real" amp that I can carry anywhere, with a mic mounted inside it, so that I can just run an XLR straight from the back of it to the desk.
        No mic, no mic stand, no cab clogging up an already cramped stage. I could even clamp it to one of the bars next to the stage.
        Low output just to get that mic'd speaker sound, but mic stand mountable if I want to keep it near me and blend it with monitors if I want.

Transparent simple power amp, so then I can put whatever I want in front of it, for example some other pre-amp like a LeCream, or anything I might wanna use.

Another reason, it'll just be a fun little project and interesting to see how well it does the job I want it to do. Downside is, I'm sure some of my friends who also play in 2 particular venues where space is ridiculously tight, will be bugging me to build them one aswell! Well, if it works as I'm expecting of course..

Comment

Originally posted by Loosewire View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51271[/ATTACH]
          Originally posted by Loosewire View Post
          I was really hoping I could find an assembled board
          If you have enough room you could use two of those power supply boards; one for v+ and the other for v- .
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Thanks tboy, I didn't think of that. It's only a little over 4" x 2", so it should fit inside ok.

Just wondered if a single board exists that I could just buy and connect? I've googled like mad and couldn't fine one, altho that might just be my inexperience not looking in the right places. Otherwise, I'll go ahead with this.

The amp kits arrived today, really looking forward to putting those together. I bought 2, just so I have a spare.

Thanks

Comment

Actually, sorry for going round in circles here, but I think I may have found a smaller (and faster!) solution if I use this amp and this board.

So, the only problem I have now is I got 35w amp feeding a 20w speaker, so can I put a resistor before or after the potentiometer to limit it? Or just use a power supply with less voltage?

Name:	TDA8932-35w.jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	852379

Name:	24vDC4.jpg
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	852378
              Last edited by Loosewire; 12-09-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X