Need Fender Twin Reverb PR186 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Fender Twin Reverb PR186 schematic

I'm looking Fender Twin Reverb-Amp PR186 schematic. It looks like reissue. The tremolo circuit is solid-state on a separate PC board. Tremolo is not working and at the moment it blows fuses.

Mark

I believe this is a 'european only' circuit, used in 65 Twin and 65 Deluxe re-issues in Europe. Pedro Vecino has posted about converting the 65 Deluxe re-issue to the old style circuit, but I have not come across a schematic of the SS trem board.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks, this is possible. The tremolo board is plugged in instead of the OP1 element:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FTR_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	852090

And the tremolo board looks like this:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FTR_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	852091

It seems that the reason that I cannot switch on the amp is that one, or two output tubes are shorted. I can switch on the amp with two tubes only. I may need to buy matched four.
      Solving the problem with the tremolo may be more difficult.

Mark

Comment

Contact Fender directly and tell them what you need. Mention the commonly circulated schematics do not include the solid state tremolo part, which seems to be problematical in your unit. See if they will provide the schematic.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, I did it and I'm waiting for the answer.

Comment

So it would seem there are 2 versions of the ss trem circuit. Not sure how old the amp you are working on is, attached is I think the early version of the ss ldr board.
            Attached Files
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

And be aware PR186 just means the Twin Reverb Reissue, not any one specific version of it.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks g1. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Unfortunately, after providing a serial number of the amp to someone from Fender, instead of schematic I've got information about dimensions of the amp and shipping weight. This will not help me much. I'm curious what logic was used by the guy from Fender. I asked for schematic and got amp dimensions and weight . Very funny. Knowing the width of the amp I'll try to fix it .
                  If you need it, here it is:
                  Dimensions: Height: 19.87" (50.46 cm),
                  Width: 26.5" (67.31 cm),
                  Depth: 10.5" (26.67 cm)
                  Unit Weight: 64 lb (29.03 kg)
                  Shipping Weight: 70 lbs

Mark

Comment

Yeah well, the real way around all that is to talk to them on the phone, which is a real long distance call for you.

Comment

You could try Fender UK:+44 333 200 8760 ask for parts.
                      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks guys. I tried to be a little sarcastic but the truth is that I fixed the amp without the schematic.

Comment

What was the fix?

Comment

Following Fender approach I should list here the dimensions and weight of the amp .
                            The fix:
                            Shorted output tubes, the owner tried to use fast instead of slow fuses, shorted wires in the footswitch.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                            X