Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL40C Knobs?

Hi all,

I'm in the process of refurbishing a Marshall DSL40c, it had a bad bias resistor which was causing the valves to get quite upset. I've replaced the resistors and the tubes and shes a happy little amp, however, she's suffering from a lack of knobs. I ordered what I thought was the correct eight pack (PACK-00036) but when the arrived although they fit the D shafts on the pots, the indicator line is in completely the wrong place?! Is there a trick to this I've over looked? Do the early models have knobs from a different range? If anyone has an experience I'd be grateful, thanks

I did not know that possibility. A solution could be to try to take off the golden covers with a cutter and then reorient them.
    Maybe a sudden change in temperature can make it easier to remove them (from the freezer to a bowl with hot water). But I've never tried it.
    In olds JCM800 it is relatively easy (in fact sometimes they get lost) but the new ones seem to use a stronger glue.

Comment

This site claims that this is the correct knob for the DSL40C.

https://www.amprepairparts.com/marshallknobs.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSL40C.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	852149

Comment

There is no trick you've overlooked. Those knobs are for pots that were mounted 180 degrees from your situation, or mounted topside vs. under the board. I recently had this same problem with a red knob Fender Twin. So it's either try to reorient the covers as mentioned, or continue your search for the correct knobs.
        It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Try a heat gun or hair dryer to melt the glue and gently pry the lid up.
          Careful, they bend easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            This site claims that this is the correct knob for the DSL40C.

https://www.amprepairparts.com/marshallknobs.htm

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51197[/ATTACH]
            Yes, the MKDS-C shown on that page should be correct.

Jondoe, I think instead of the PACK-00036 you need the PACK-00035
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

If you do end up having to heat them to get the caps off, instead of a heat gun I'd try placing the cap flat against a clothes iron; that will but the heat only where you want it. You could use a thin cloth to protect the surface. Sounds like they might just be the wrong knobs though.

Comment

The supplier has advised that I try the PACK-0035 (as mentioned above) if those are also wrong I guess they'll be getting some gentle heat persuasion. Maybe the earlier ones are 35 and the newest at 36.

It's never easy is it

Comment

I can confirm that the 35 pack face the right direction, which must be for the earlier models like this one

Comment

Working...
                  X