• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen this guitar before?

Pretty Funky

https://hackaday.com/2018/11/23/led-...itar-part-two/
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Very cool. I'd like to see a pacman or space invaders going on there. Or a more basic 'Lite Brite' look.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I was looking into electroluminescent paints and came across some guitar builds. Pretty cool stuff but that paint is quite expensive.

http://tdcustoms.com/lumilor/light-up-guitars/
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I saw one like that on TV a couple of years ago, on one of the awards shows. It was a LP style. I think it was being played by the guitarisnt in one of the well known "country" bands. I thought it was pretty cool and meant to post something about it here on MEF, but forgot all about it till now.
        Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

Pleh. I'll give props for stage presence, but I'm more of a form follows function guy and though I don't mind a nice finish or an interesting shape that has nothing to do with it being a guitar. I'd feel silly playing it. Even more so if it failed in the middle of a performance because then it's just a broken toy.

Not trying to poop in the punch bowl though. In fact I mostly keyed in to follow along and see what else gets posted
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Pleh. I'll give props for stage presence, but I'm more of a form follows function guy and though I don't mind a nice finish or an interesting shape that has nothing to do with it being a guitar. I'd feel silly playing it. Even more so if it failed in the middle of a performance because then it's just a broken toy.

Not trying to poop in the punch bowl though. In fact I mostly keyed in to follow along and see what else gets posted
            Yeah, I agree. For me or any small venue band. But on an awards show, I liked it.
            Vote like your future depends on it.

Comment

I am so old school...

Only finish I will ever have on my guitar is either natural or sunburst.

Oh, or of course Hello Kitty.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X