Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had a clue how this cheapo is wired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had a clue how this cheapo is wired?

I can’t figure out how they are going to select 6 pickups with these controls?

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6DAEB50-480F-4A78-B46D-9BC62959930C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	882.0 KB
ID:	874111

Maybe double stack switch, selects both guitar pups at once? Individual guitar volumes mix signal. So you are always in neck for both or bridge for both. Can't be neck for six string while bridge for 12 string. Chances are you won't be playing both necks at the same time?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Usually the "knob" in the middle is a switch to select which neck you're on. Some use a toggleh I can see where a rotary might work better...
      Then you just use your five-way & three knobs like normal for each. As Enzo said, you're not likely to be playing both at the same time, right?
      Call & ask?

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
        Usually the "knob" in the middle is a switch to select which neck you're on. Some use a toggleh I can see where a rotary might work better...
        Then you just use your five-way & three knobs like normal for each. As Enzo said, you're not likely to be playing both at the same time, right?
        Call & ask?

Justin
        USUALLY... but the description says that the knob is a volume control for the 12 string and it says "tone" on it. I'm tempted to buy one just to see how much of a monstrosity it is. Lol! To work correctly it would be quite a bundle of wires going to the 6 pickups to a switch there.. and probably him like a whore.

Comment

For that price, I'm guessing they use random selection.

Comment

Yeah... I read some reviews. Lol. Evidently what some people are doing is buying these for around $200 for a modding platform and swapping on the necks from a couple of Squiers or whatever. That, some water slides and a bit of attention and you have a “usable” double neck for cheap. Especially if you have a few beaters to canabilize. I’m just air castling. I would want a 6/6 anyway with a hot rail in the top guitar in an open tuning and a total rewire.

Comment

Working...
            X