Know a tech in Valencia, Spain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Quote Originally Posted by J M Fahey View Post
    Hey!!! but itīs built on a black pressed fiber board!!! - - - - What can go wrong?

^^^ That right there. Ask Randall."

Shudder. Never again.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Thanks
      yes, I reread the first post and found the kit brand.
      Nothing against kit suppliers, they search around and find competent parts,probably same as you (kit builder) would lon your own.

My point is that even if boasting of:
      Carbon comp resistors, CTS potentiometers, orange drop and silver mica capacitors, filter caps with Mojotone brand, etc.
      plus
      cabinet was like the original Fender and the front panel was silverface. Logo on the grid cloth was original Fender.
      plus
      6V6 Sylvania, a 12AT7 RCA and an old GE 12AX7 long plates. The others were modern JJ and Shuguang. Speaker was a Celestion G12 V type.
      plus
      External appearance was perfect.
      that-guarantees-absolutely-nothing ,since:
      Internal construction can not be from the company itself but made by an amateur. Itīs not possible to present something like this professionally because it is impossible to guarantee its operation. A construction quality far away from Ceriatone, Fuchs, Headstrong, etc. No relation.
      The origin of the kit is purely circumstantial. It can happen with any other.
      yes, definitely.
      I was asking because itīs common knowledge that quite a few "Boutique builders" are nothing more than kit builders.
      Which is not bad by itself (to each his own) but one woukd expect them toi at least be competent and have someclue.
      The 220k for 22k mixup can and does happen to *anybody* , what drives me mad is that the gross voltage shifts and wrong PI behaviour were never detected before, until Pedro checked it.

Best could have happened to that Guitar player is have his 6V6 short near a distinguished MEF Member

Which he deserves, he was the one who contacted NickB to begin with
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X