Stretching grill cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching grill cloth?

Got an AC30CC with top of cloth out of groove,sagging.

I guess the gold plastic strip keeps it in place?

Any way to stretch the cloth?
    Heat? Moisture? Praying to the god of Vox?

Interesting! I installed some brand new Vox-style cloth in a head cab--the cloth is only 20" x 7", but is sagging a little after only two years. Interested in a solution!
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

From what I've read, to shrink sagging cloth just moisten it and heat it carefully.

I need to do the reverse, well....I don't NEED to, just trying to help a customer.

It seems the cloth usually sags, my AC30 TBX has a little sag.

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
        From what I've read, to shrink sagging cloth just moisten it and heat it carefully.

I need to do the reverse, well....I don't NEED to, just trying to help a customer.

It seems the cloth usually sags, my AC30 TBX has a little sag.
        I need to watch this thread, as there are several AC30's (CC2X, 6/TB) in our rental inventory with the same status. I see Antique Electronics lists the Black Diamond Vox grille cloth...expensive. They also carry the gold pipping.
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Anyone else seeing three lovely ladies in Steve's reply to "Find your girlfriend now"

No sagging there.

Comment

I don't know about the new stuff, but on the old ones, you had to glue the diamond cloth to the protective under scrim cloth. That way the decorative cloth won't sag. There really isn't any pressure from the gold strip unless the diamond cloth is inserted into the groove that the gold strip is pushed into. That way the strip will be wedged in to hold the cloth in place.

Comment

It looks like the cloth is held into the groove by the gold strip.
              Both ends are in, but the middle shrunk somehow.

I actually have the tools I've seen used to do this stuff.
              My dad had tailoring and upholstery shops.

It just seems like the cloth shrunk too much.
              Botched job, cut too short or shrunk from the weather.

Comment

Working...
              X