1x12“ Combo Cab for Fender Bandmaster Reverb TFL5005D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1x12“ Combo Cab for Fender Bandmaster Reverb TFL5005D

Hi, I need plans/ drawings for a 1 x2“ combo cab for a trusty Fender Bandmaster Reverb TFL5005D chassis. Since I am no cabinetrist at all, a woodworking friend will/shall build it for me.
    Any help and informations much appreciated
    Zouto

Just as a starter, here are generic/typical Fender small combo cabinet plans, notice they do NOT carry exact dimensions, which you can scale to suit.

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I believe that amp is about the same width (or a tad narrower, like an eighth inch) than a Deluxe Reverb. And I think all the Fender chassis were homogeneous in height and front slant. If there were a 1/16" gap at either end of the chassis at the sides of the cabinet there are ways to deal with that. I've done it. Maybe the chrome top strip screw plate holes would be different.?. I dunno. I can't be sure that the larger tubes or transformers would allow room for the speaker, but probably. But it's likely you could just buy a Deluxe Reverb cabinet.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I think the following dimensions should fit: 19" x 25" x 10½" (48.3 x 63.5 x 26.7 cm), chassis cut-out 59,7 cm, similar to width and depth dimensions of a Vibroverb or a Super Reverb cabinet, but for 1x12" speaker cut-out (offset?). I‘d like to avoid experimental trial- & error-cabinetry.
        Last edited by Zouto; 12-08-2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zouto View Post
          I‘d like to avoid experimental trial- & error-cabinetry.
          Same here , but once you have the chassis, iron and tubes, even if unmounted, plus speaker, "every other dimension can be negotiated" , so you can basically decide cabinet height and depth ... width closely tracks chassis width.

Of course, in a minimum size cabinet, take care to avoid speaker magnet (or even frame) bumping into glass or iron.

Mesa Boogie´s Randall Smith famously cut a chassis sized styrofoam rectangle and punched all parts there to check REAL footprint and height constraints ... not a bad idea at all.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks Juan, as soon as I got all that stuff on my bench, I‘ll start serious measuring. Also, remembering the last installation of a Fender chassis into a custom cabinet, the final drag will be drilling the mounting holes for chassis straps....

Comment

I find drilling the mounting holes after the cab is completed works for me. One can adjust the setback, just move it into position, and punch a mark through the chassis. Remove the chassis, and drill a small hole to to top. Carefully cut around the hole in the tolex to keep the larger bit from tearing it, and drill the hole to size.

Comment

Most measurements are done except the correct angle of the chassis front. Since the faceplate is a bit deformed, I measure values of 64 and 66 degrees. So what´s the correct front angle, 65 degrees?

Comment

I just put an angle finder on a Twin cab I have here, and it is 65 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Moore View Post
                    I just put an angle finder on a Twin cab I have here, and it is 65 degrees.
                    Bill, thanks, I‘ll go for 65 degrees.
                    Zouto

Comment

What did you get for the angle of the baffle?
                      It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                        What did you get for the angle of the baffle?
                        Well, here‘s my plan, so you can get the angles easily. I finished the cab yesterday, so next step is that %&§#≠>¿$£¥ drilling of the chassis mounting holes.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X