Longtime listener...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longtime listener...

1st time poster! Well, that's not exactly true. I was here for a minute when I first started but lost my login info via harddrive failure.

With all the good knowledge I've gleaned from this forum over the last 9 years and all the crap pickups I've wound trying to figure this stuff out, I figured it was probably time I created an account again and participated. Thanks to the collective You, the expertise shared, and of course a boatload of effort on my part, I've become good at it.. but I still don't consider myself to be Expert Level Super Ninja at pickups. Some aspects of it I've certainly got nailed down but ALL of it? No way, hardly not even.

I hand-guide my coils, built my own pre-tensioning device that I set to a minimal usable working tension with the final tension applied by hand as I lay wire down, usually run 700-1000rpm depending on the pickup .. good times!

I look forward to continuing my education and helping when I can. Thanks for having me - glad to be here again. Happy Holidays!

Hi max. Glad to have you around.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Max!

If I was you, I'd edit your location and put the real one. Don't forget a big part of the advice given for parts, tools and other things depend exclusively on your location, so… give it a thought.

Yours very truly,

Lt. Kojak aka Pepe
      Milano, Italy
      Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
      Milano, Italy

Comment

LtKojak, I will oblige and thank you for your Welcome. You too John! Tight coils and high inductance to you both. ♥

Comment

I guess Minnesota!
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Hi Teee - excellent guess! I know there's a few guys doing pickups in MN, which kind of makes sense: long winters with nothing else to do but geek out!

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              I guess Minnesota!
              I was thinking Fargo.
              But seriously, I'm pretty sure the only real US tundra is in Alaska.
              Edit: oops, never mind, didn't see previous post.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It's cold here in MN right now, hence my Tundra location. Northern Canada has Tundra too right?

Comment

You betcha.
                  We've got Vikings too, around Gimli.
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    You betcha.
                    We've got Vikings too, around Gimli.
                    and Elvis! http://collingwoodelvisfestival.com/
                    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

I love Canada!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M

Comment

That's pretty funny. In the same vein, I was just watching some 'Larry Enticer' videos last week. Sadly, our '78 ET340 that's been bulletproof since new finally packed it in last year.

Comment

Working...
                        X