X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juno 60 not loading most of its factory patches

Hi. Weird issue with Juno 60. Please see this video:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0QFW...BvH4XbCEw2KK4Q

synopsis: it loads some of the patches, but other ones just result in the double dash, you can hear the patch for a split second, then it disappears. Certain banks all load fine, for the most part. Do I have to reset the factory sounds? I'd rather not. Thank you!

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/p...955.1544393526
    Last edited by burymyteeth; 12-09-2018, 09:12 PM. Reason: adding link to manual

The internal 3V battery CR -1/3N is reading about 2.63 volts. Could that be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by burymyteeth View Post
      The internal 3V battery CR -1/3N is reading about 2.63 volts. Could that be the problem?
      The internal battery just holds power to the memory chip to hold presets. Not likely.
      As with computers sometimes the only way is to do a factory reset even if you don't want to. Starting fresh is always a good idea. Now if you can backup your presets great but your data may or still would be corrupted.

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Hi nosaj! I have read that the battery dying on the Juno 60 can cause all sorts of weird issues. I desoldered the battery from the board to make sure I was getting a correct reading, I got the same reading, about 2.63 volts, desoldering the battery was probably unncessary. When I put the battery back in the functionality changed for the better. I can now at least scroll through all of the patches and it will load, but alot of them have a "windy" sound, like the Noise slider has been cranked up on all of the patches. I read that all of your patches sounding "windy" is another symptom of internal battery failure. I'm going to guess that this is akin to spinning the batteries in your remote control to get it work again haha, and go with the battery replacement. Will update soon. What do you know, everythings going fine then one day you wake up and you've got a "windy" Juno 60...

Comment

Desoldering the battery removed the battery voltage from the circuit. Battery voltage is what allows the machine to remember. SO you basically cleared its memory by disconnecting the battery. Now random information is in memory. Definitely time to restore factory settings.

2.6v is definitely enough to keep memory alive.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X