Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schematics, Copyright and Trademark Law, Fabrication Techniques, and The Psychology of Logo Design

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take any of those old 1980s PV amps on tour with me in a heartbeat. They will run forever, and if they break, they are easily fixed. In my mind Peavey support is tops in the industry.

And reputation? Amp snobs look down their noses at Peavey, but old Hartley has done very well with his products over the years. Thousands and thousands of musicians have relied on his amps. WHo cares what the snobs think?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      I would take any of those old 1980s PV amps on tour with me in a heartbeat. They will run forever, and if they break, they are easily fixed. In my mind Peavey support is tops in the industry.

And reputation? Amp snobs look down their noses at Peavey, but old Hartley has done very well with his products over the years. Thousands and thousands of musicians have relied on his amps. WHo cares what the snobs think?
      The snobs haven't played much of Peavey's offering I would most likely think. Peavey has some really good tube amps. The Roadster being one. The Pro Tube stuff is good too.

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
        The snobs haven't played much of Peavey's offering I would most likely think.
        Know why...?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC_DC_580x.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	852367Click image for larger version

Name:	DefLeopard.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	852368Click image for larger version

Name:	Dokken.jpg
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	852369Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo-Winger.jpg
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	852370Click image for larger version

Name:	metallica.jpg
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	852371Click image for larger version

Name:	ratt.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	852372Click image for larger version

Name:	slayer.jpg
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	852373Click image for larger version

Name:	peavey.jpg
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	852374

Logos that have sharp angular corners and are designed to project an overtly aggressive hyper-masculinty... such as the ENTIRE 1980's... are never taken seriously.

Sometimes it doesn't matter. Monster Energy drink, for example has one of these "C'mon man!?" logo's, but... who cares? It's an energy drink. When it comes to guitar amps, cars, guitars, clothing, watches, wine/beer, and pretty much anything that people use to project their sense of identity... it matters.

Don't get me wrong... I love pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONE of those bands. Hell... I love aggressive hyper-masculine music. Girls Girls Girls is a rock classic in my mind. I also love Peavey amps. My first amp was a Stereo Chorus 212. I just saw one on Craigslist for $175. I'm going to see if the guy will take $125 for it! I can't wait to plug that sucker in!

But... as far as guitar snobs, and those types of guys that sit around and talk about the word "tone" as if it were something you eat more than hear... "warm, smooth, rich, hot, bland, buttery..." those guys will never do anything but make fun of Peavey. I'm preeeety sure the guys at Peavey (the #1 selling amp company for decades) do not miss much sleep over it.
        Last edited by Dolmetscher007; 12-09-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolmetscher007 View Post
          But... as far as guitar snobs, and those types of guys that sit around and talk about the word "tone" as if it were something you eat more than hear... "warm, smooth, rich, hot, bland, buttery..." those guys will never do anything but make fun of Peavey. I'm preeeety sure the guys at Peavey (the #1 selling amp company for decades) do not miss much sleep over it.
          Kinda of like some people I've run across, Big ideas on learning all kinds of stuff but when it come's down to it they can never get started because this or that isn't right.
          Perfectionism gets in the way of getting anything done.

nosaj

Comment

Kinda of like some people I've run across, Big ideas on learning all kinds of stuff but when it come's down to it they can never get started because this or that isn't right.
            Perfectionism gets in the way of getting anything done.

nosaj

100 thumbs down. Hmmm...

Comment

Know why...?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51467[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51473[/ATTACH]

Logos that have sharp angular corners and are designed to project an overtly aggressive hyper-masculinty... such as the ENTIRE 1980's... are never taken seriously.

Sometimes it doesn't matter. Monster Energy drink, for example has one of these "C'mon man!?" logo's, but... who cares? It's an energy drink. When it comes to guitar amps, cars, guitars, clothing, watches, wine/beer, and pretty much anything that people use to project their sense of identity... it matters.

Don't get me wrong... I love pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONE of those bands. Hell... I love aggressive hyper-masculine music. Girls Girls Girls is a rock classic in my mind. I also love Peavey amps. My first amp was a Stereo Chorus 212. I just saw one on Craigslist for $175. I'm going to see if the guy will take $125 for it! I can't wait to plug that sucker in!

100 thumbs down. Hmmm...
              Your not the only one like that, I've met lots of people personally like that, it a self preservation mechanism to avoid failure. But Failure is experience and without it you can't progress.
              The search for the holy grail is not in an instrument but in the hands. I don't have it but recognize that and move on to fixing instead of playing. Like my title I am a master destroyer I have destroyed lots of things in my quest for repairs but my ratio is getting better .

nosaj

Comment

Your not the only one like that, I've met lots of people personally like that, it a self preservation mechanism to avoid failure. But Failure is experience and without it you can't progress.
                The search for the holy grail is not in an instrument but in the hands. I don't have it but recognize that and move on to fixing instead of playing. Like my title I am a master destroyer I have destroyed lots of things in my quest for repairs but my ratio is getting better .

nosaj
                I believe we haven't met. My name is Michael. I'm from Atlanta, lived in Europe for many years, but for the past 8 years or so, I've lived in Charleston SC. I'm 40 years old, 6'5" tall, and I'd tell you my weight, but even I don't really want to know that. :-)

I started playing the guitar in the 4th grade. My older brother and I got a 1985'ish(?) Ferrari Red made in Japan Fender Stratocaster. The first song I learned to play was Every Rose Has it's Thorn by Poison, and the second was Metallica's "One"... of course just the intro riff.

NOW... you know a few things about me. What you do not know about me is... well... pretty much anything else. Some things that you've just made up in your head, like this bit... "Big ideas on learning all kinds of stuff but when it come's down to it they can never get started because this or that isn't right. Perfectionism gets in the way of getting anything done."... fall cleanly out in the, you-have-no-idea-what-you're-talking-about... weeds.

I can tell by the tone of almost every post you've made on any of my threads that... well... let's just say... I know that it is just sitting there... looking at you... almost calling you to click on it. You want to click on it. Hell... sometimes it's hard not to click on it. Clicking on it feels like the right things to do. But... don't click on it. Just move along to click on someone else's please. Thanks Bud.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 9.10.50 PM.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	852375

Comment

Somebody agrees with you and you're going to get bent out of shape about it? You know he was talking about the 'tone snobs' you mentioned, right?
                  You're off to a bad start here. Everyone of the thumbs down you see (for whoever) were put there by trolls.
                  Now, of course, everyone has to reconsider your legitimacy, especially after the name change.
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                  X