Switchable Circuit Bends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switchable Circuit Bends

I've got a Yamaha DJX (first edition) and enjoy a good bit of what it does as the stock unit, but I also want to play around with circuit bending too. Are there things I can do, modifications, etc. that could be switchable? I'd like to retain the normal sounds and performance .. but add some Freak Out! to it also.

Originally posted by max oersted View Post
    I've got a Yamaha DJX (first edition) and enjoy a good bit of what it does as the stock unit, but I also want to play around with circuit bending too. Are there things I can do, modifications, etc. that could be switchable? I'd like to retain the normal sounds and performance .. but add some Freak Out! to it also.
    Hi Max as far as I know there aren't any circuit benders here, but I have read this book and it's very interesting and may help you some.

http://zhagun.ru/Circuit_Bending_Bui...nstruments.pdf
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

A handful of pages in and this is good, good stuff. Thank you nosaj!

Comment

Nosaj, thank you again for sharing the Ghazala book. In reading it and digging around on the interwebs I realized how late I am to the party with circuit bending and feel slightly embarrassed with my post here! It's ok tho: we all start somewhere. Here's another good resource I found:

http://www.anti-theory.com/soundart/...bend/cb01.html

I've decided to leave the DJX alone (for now) and will start my fun with this via some cheap electronic kid toys and keyboards. I've got a few other electronic interests that I'm absorbed in but will find time to experiment/play with this over the coming months.

Comment

Old Casio keyboards from the 80s and early 90s are great for bending, as well as Speak and Spells and Speak and Maths. I circuit bent a few furbies, but it helps to have the old original models.
          My Builds:
          5E3 Deluxe Build
          5F1 Champ Build
          6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Working...
          X