Fuse- help me find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse- help me find

Need help looking for a fuse for something at work.

Got some rectifiers here at work that need a thru hole fuse, around 42 amps the size of a 1N4001 diode.

The blown ones are just a plain white blob with leads- no writing or markings at all.

Any chance you guys have seen something like that or know where to find them?

I've seen some close after searching for a while, just thought I'd try this massive collective of throbbing brains.

I think such a thing is physically impossible or nearly so.

Please recheck needed value and post what is it used for.

Plus: what voltage is being interrupted?

AC or DC?

Resistive/capacitive/inductive load?

A couple pictures?
    Both of fuse itself and where is it mounted.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

"around 42 amps the size of a 1N4001 diode."

No way.
      It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
        Need help looking for a fuse for something at work.

Got some rectifiers here at work that need a thru hole fuse, around 42 amps the size of a 1N4001 diode.

The blown ones are just a plain white blob with leads- no writing or markings at all.

Any chance you guys have seen something like that or know where to find them?

I've seen some close after searching for a while, just thought I'd try this massive collective of throbbing brains.
        The first fuse type that came to mind was Littelfuse Pico II series 251/253, but those are only rated up to 15A FAST / 32V. They are about the size of 1/4W resistor, axial lead.

Closest thing I could find is from Bel....type 0684L 40A/350V surface mount

BEL-CP-0684l-series.pdf
        Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

The fuse is for a -48v rectifier DC 2000w output protection

Input 100-250v AC 13A

That little white blob was the fuse which had leads on both sides, it fits in between those two brown electrolytic capacitors.

The module goes into a rack to provide power to a cell site and to re-charge the batteries for a power outage.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow !!!!

Looks like what neveslab found is the SMD version, there must be (or have been) a leaded one.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Yeah, other model rectifiers use the SMD version which I could probably use if I have to.

Trying to save the hides of some field techs who connected something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                some field techs who connected something wrong.
                I thought such things didnīt exist
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                X