Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Boogie Single Recto V2 Burned Resistor(s) Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moshpit903 View Post
    Update on amps status.. <snip> ..so for now I am happy I made that last phone call to the small repair shop...more info later when amp comes home.
    Some techs have the patience to deal with all the silly things Mesa does, some don't. And now we have that (in)famous Guitologist video series on YouseTube where he thrashes aimlessly on a Mesa DC3 combo, then gives up, buys the amp and disassembles it. That's the guy - a self proclaimed "expert" - you don't want working on your gear. Good that you found a tech who at least appears to be genuinely interested.

The only Mesa that escaped a proper repair here was a Mk IV someone apparently spilled soup into. That was a very expensive meal... and took several days out of my life for not much pay in return. I'm not much at being "Amp Janitor."
    Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 01-08-2019, 04:54 PM.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      Some techs have the patience to deal with all the silly things Mesa does, some don't. And now we have that (in)famous Guitologist video series on YouseTube where he thrashes aimlessly on a Mesa combo, then gives up, buys the amp and disassembles it. That's the guy - a self proclaimed "expert" - you don't want working on your gear. Good that you found a tech who at least appears to be genuinely interested.

The only Mesa that escaped a proper repair here was a Mk IV someone apparently spilled soup into. That was a very expensive meal... and took several days out of my life for not much pay in return. I'm not much at being "Amp Janitor."
      I am really happy I made that last phone call and got the phone # to this guy,he's super cool and said he does this on the side,I didn't know he also has a recording studio in the same building where I met him,and there were many people up there apparently doing some recording so I might have hit a Gold Mine ! And also he told me he actually lives about 6 miles from me,and after all the amp talk we BS'ed about our old Hotrod cars we built in our past and life in general.
      The amp tech at the first shop was chowing down on his lunch and barely even looked at me or said much,so I figured he tried to scare me off with the comment "its going to be expensive"..I should have known then and just taken my amp then but I wanted to believe he would fix me up,but I decided he was actually trying to tell me he didn't want to work on my Mesa amp which would have been ok but I did talk to him 3 times over the phone before I ever went there.
      I believe it worked out for the best and am eagerly waiting for the phone call to come get my amp,its fixed !
      Last edited by moshpit903; 01-08-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X