No announcement yet.

Egnater Tweaker 15 repair and schematic request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else runs across a Tweeker 15 with a shorted PT. (It seems to be a rather common problem.)

I just repaired one of these. FWIW, the ClassicTone 40-18035 is a great replacement for this PT. I was expecting to have to get out the drill, but it fits exactly. You just remove the mounting flanges from the original transformer and install them on the new one. It then fits directly into the existing holes. The only modification I had to do was raise the value of the cathode resistor because the amp was way overbiased. That said, the schematic calls for a 510 ohm cathode resistor and this amp had a 220 ohm resistor. So, if your amp has the correct resistor, you may not even have to change it at all, but certainly check bias. I ended up using a 620 ohm and everything is hunky-dory.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Glad to hear that works, almost anything would be better than going through Egnater to get a replacement. I looked around for aftermarket when I did a Egnater Rebel but could only find Mercury as a different option which was more expensive and not quite drop-in anyway so I went with Egnater. Don't plan on ever buying one of those amps again.

Comment

It’s not even egnater specifically, boutique amps distribution does orders for egnater, wampler, Mesa etc. and it takes me weeks to even get them to put something in the mail. I just have no patience for “how do we know you’re a qualified tech” when I’m trying to order a transformer and I have 7 amps I’m trying to get out of my shop to clear space

Comment

Working...
        X