Ampeg B15R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg B15R

Hello there....Question.....Looking at the schematic I see that there is no bias adj for this one....so I guess as long as my new output tubes are matched I should be good to go.....once I find out why the amp runs hot when in the 100W mode......Pulled the board out and everything looks good so far...don't see any bad joints there...no charred or overheated components........will check some associated components either later tonight or tomorrow....have to go out now and get the shovel warmed up....
    Cheers

Originally posted by bsco View Post
    Hello there....Question.....Looking at the schematic I see that there is no bias adj for this one....so I guess as long as my new output tubes are matched I should be good to go.....once I find out why the amp runs hot when in the 100W mode......Pulled the board out and everything looks good so far...don't see any bad joints there...no charred or overheated components........will check some associated components either later tonight or tomorrow....have to go out now and get the shovel warmed up....
    Cheers
    The schematic I have (dwg # 07S267-01 Rev 4, 1997) shows two modes.....6L6GC with bias Voltage at -50VDC, and EL-34 with bias voltage at -40VDC. And, no trim adjustment.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
      The schematic I have (dwg # 07S267-01 Rev 4, 1997) shows two modes.....6L6GC with bias Voltage at -50VDC, and EL-34 with bias voltage at -40VDC. And, no trim adjustment.
      Ok. This one has 6L6's.....but the bias voltages were not marked on the schematic.....I will have to double check later....I have to shovel some snow soon.......Thanks for that tidbit....
      Cheers

Comment

Ok. This one has 6L6's.....but the bias voltages were not marked on the schematic.....I will have to double check later....I have to shovel some snow soon.......Thanks for that tidbit....
        Cheers
        Here's the Ampeg B15R file I have:

B-15R PCB Schematics (26701H4).pdf
        Main PCB Layout and Parts List (26701P4_).pdf
        Chassis Assembly Final Assembly Drawings (B-15R).pdf
        Bass Combo Amplifier Final Assembly Drawings (00-317_6_61_62).pdf
        Crossover Board PCB Schematics (72961P0).pdf
        Crossover Board PCB Layout and Parts List (72961P0).pdf

There are more files....parts lists, owner's manual, an unrelated service note, etc.

Comment

Look on the power supply page.

And your tubes need not be matched.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Look on the power supply page.

And your tubes need not be matched.
            nevetslab sent me a bunch of links with lots of stuff....I'll go through them tomorrow....
            Cheers

Comment

nevetslab sent me a bunch of links with lots of stuff....I'll go through them tomorrow....
              Cheers
              If the links have good information can they be posted here?
              Also curious about the service note mentioned in post #4 for it may have info to other situations even if unrelated to the original question in this thread.
              Thanks,
              Bill
              Keep learning. Never give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Reader View Post
                Also curious about the service note mentioned in post #4 for it may have info to other situations even if unrelated to the original question in this thread.
                Thanks,
                Bill
                If you have access to this thread, which it seems that you do, just scroll back up to post #4.....just click on those links or copy and paste into your browser.....Let me know if you can get access.....
                Cheers

Comment

I have access. I asked because I thought that you were referring to different documents than the one's shown in post #4.
                  Thanks,
                  Bill
                  Keep learning. Never give up.

Comment

[QUOTE=Reader;517025]I have access. I asked because I thought that you were referring to different documents than the one's shown in post #4.
                    Thanks,
                    OK. No Problem......
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Reader View Post
                      Thanks,
                      Bill
                      Customer Service Bulletin (CSB0004) -- misidentified color labels on PCB.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X