No announcement yet.

Tone Bender- diy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically just using the one you posted above, except instead of (2ea)5uf, i am using (2ea) 10uf (like the marshall supa version). I had no 4.7uf or 5uf on hand. Also changed the 470 ohm to 1k ohm to get more volume...
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not committed to anything yet. I'll probably make a different eyelet board before I'm done that conforms better to the size of the components. I have seen a few schematics, and I'm learning a lot as I go along. I will likely change a few things.
    Removed the input 0.01uf as some models didn't have that. Q2 collector i have a pot 100k but will sub in the resistor once i figure what works best. Anything i changed i have not A-B tested yet so it's still all up in the air.
    Cool. I can always lift one end of the 0.01uF at the input to check it out. The 100k pot would be easy. Thanks
    ... Finally put the FZ1 clone back on the shelf to try and finish up the tonebenders first. I bought the pcb's for these and they have the charge pump so still even tweaking the caps near that to lower noise.
    I have a PCB for a three knob Tonebender that uses a TC1044 as a power pump. Coincidentally, It suggests 10uF instead of the 5's, and the 1k ohm resistor to boost power.

The first of the two cheap transistor testers that I ordered arrived. I haven't had much time to evaluate it yet, but so far, so good. I assumed that the leakage was the variable that played maybe the most importance. Everything else is pretty controllable. I have a few usable transistors now, and I'll be able to move them around. It will be interesting to see how the meters compare. The one I have is the nicer of the two.

Comment

Working...
    X