Fender Vibro King rated at 60 watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
    I remember those old and bragging Marshall specs, always found them quite optimistic,.

Never ever could replicate them.

>100W RMS on 4 bottle amps?: *only* when using "super" tubes such as 6550/7027/KT88 and maybe the odd KT66

But on most 100W amps using way more current 6L6/EL34 ? ... very unlikely.
    I just measured 100W clean output on a Marshall just recently. I remember being a little surprised, but the tubes were new production Mullard EL34. I wish i could remember the actual model. 800 maybe?
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

I just went through hell with those Mullards in a Plexi. After 3 new sets roasted, I said screw it and put in some JJ's. Problem solved. It wouldn't be so bad, but when an amp keeps killing tubes, you start to think something is wrong with the amp. I looked under every rock and wasted countless hours trying to find a problem that didn't exist.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        I just went through hell with those Mullards in a Plexi. After 3 new sets roasted, I said screw it and put in some JJ's. Problem solved. It wouldn't be so bad, but when an amp keeps killing tubes, you start to think something is wrong with the amp. I looked under every rock and wasted countless hours trying to find a problem that didn't exist.
        For the record, I have been much less than impressed with New Sensor's fake Mullards, right from day one. The only thing Mullard about them is the logo on the glass. Phooey!
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Had a gent bring me tubes to install in his amp.
          Yup.
          Mullard reissues.
          One never stopped pulling idle current.

Comment

Weird. I haven’t had a problem with one yet, and I couldn’t care less about what name is stenciled on the tube
            If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
            X