FIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIX

I will try to keep this short and technical.
    HOW TO REPAIR THE AMP Module of the Active Speaker for DB Technologies ( pretty much every model)
    In this case for explanation purpose I use a Cromo 12 Model.
    Problem : Tweeters have sound but base does not!

THIS AMP DOES NOT ALLOW ANY LIVE TETING COR CURRENT. IF DEFECTIVE DO NOT PLUG IN TO POWER (220V) ONCE REMOVED; YOU ARE RISKING YOUR LIFE!!!
    THIS IS NOT A TOY !!! #PAY ATTENTION DUMBSS#

AMP board looks like:

20181213_235856

front:

20181214_221035

The bigger 4700PF 50V capacitor transmit signal to the Speaker, here they did not pop
    The smaller 4700PF 25V capacitor transmit signal to the tweeters
    You will need to Remove & REPLACE the 104 Multi layer Capacitors highlighted above, they filter 50V and die first.
    After Removing the Bigger Capacitors I found the leaked the electrolytic fluid underneath.
    REPLACE them With SAME Value or if you wish 4700PF 63V ( take a good brand, not cheap ones).

Next :
    20181215_184402

EVEN if I did remove the Transistor and the Rounded Diode THERE IS NO NEED TO DO IT. They usually work.
    Remove the Smaller Capacitor pointed with the arrow above.
    they are JAMICON 100PF 16V (counterfeit bad cheap @##@#)
    These little soldiers will distort sound if all else works.
    Next step is inside the radiators and usually is quite BAD News.
    looks like this:

20181216_164439

The reason I put this photo is to say SHAME ON YOU DB TECHNOLOGIES!!!!!
    WHY?
    Because the above TDA8950 that I have unsoldered with a HEAT SOLDERING MACHINE have the following HEAT properties:

TDA8950TH SPECS

They put VERY VERY cheap thermal paste on the TDA8950TH that supports a max Temperature of 130°C. Not to say that this thermal paste dries after 10 to 15 usages and become worthless. Than the component covered with this starts to heat and slowly die out.

Be very Gentle and Replace the TDA8950TH with a good brand new one, try not to desolder the binding points from the board.
    Unfortunately the parts on this amp are of such a poor quality ( on all DB Technologies active models) that they are simply unreliable and even if brand new they can die in the middle of your gig.
    Not to mention what the crowd will do to you if you have no spares in place.
    TO AVOID further problems simply install a Speakon input on them, remove the amp and heavy coil( they become lighter) , than use a Separate Crown AMP for the appropriate Watt power.
    In closure I want to state that brand new my Cromo model costs 369Eurs/piece. The Service Center took from my pocket 250Euros/AMP Module + 80euros for fitting it in ( as you cannot do it yourself, their @#@ Rules…). A high price for 30Euros in bad components.
    This is a rip-off at the limit o illegality in Europe. Sucha Company should close their door. Their service is bad in so many ways.
    Avoid this brand!!!
Working...
X