Line 6 Low Down LD 175 Hot DSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Low Down LD 175 Hot DSP

Working on this Line 6 Low Down and traced the issue down to an overheating 3.3v regulator. This overheated reg. seems to be caused by the DSP chip overheating. I can cool the chip off and the 3.3v returns. Curious if any of you have ran into this and if it is a common issue? I really don't want to attempt to resolder this chip without a proper reflow station. I think I may just install a little fan to help keep it cool but not sure if it will completely solve the problem.

Hi! I have the same problem! Have you found a solution?

Comment

service manual for it

Comment

Originally posted by Tymbler View Post
        Hi! I have the same problem! Have you found a solution?
        I installed a fan over top of the chip. Worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by tdlunsfo View Post
          I installed a fan over top of the chip. Worked well.
          Thanks you! I'll try, but I also want to install a radiator on the chip. I have a matching size from the old motherboard. Do you think it's worth it?

Comment

Thanks you! I'll try, but I also want to install a radiator on the chip. I have a matching size from the old motherboard. Do you think it's worth it?
            If it is your amp and you need the reliability then go for it. I was repairing for a client and since this amp isn't worth a lot, I was limited in what I could do. To me, the fan doesn't fix the issue and only deals with the symptom but it was quick and effective and likely will give the amp a few more years. The client was good with that.

Comment

and one more question, if I buy a new dsp does it require programming or not?

Comment

Not sure on that one.

Comment

and one more question, if I buy a new dsp does it require programming or not?
                  It's programmed part so you'd have to get it from Yamaha. I've seen baked DSP's on these before, not sure why it happens. Maybe a power up sequence thing.
                  Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Are you referring to U14? I've seen those overheat before, they are not pre-programmed. It's a CODEC or Analog-Digital converter AK4528.

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...3-1-ND/3679887

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
                      Are you referring to U14? I've seen those overheat before, they are not pre-programmed. It's a CODEC or Analog-Digital converter AK4528.

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...3-1-ND/3679887
                      No, U12 is the DSP.
                      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X