behringer xr18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer xr18

I have a Behringer xr18 wireless mixer,channels 9-18 are dead, also input gain controls on channels 1-8 has horrible distortion and feedback,had my headphons on, almost blew my ears off. thanks

Take a look at this page: http://vogelchr.blogspot.com/2015/11...-teardown.html

This is not a 'simple' analog mixer.

Best bet is to take it to an authorized Behringer repair station.

Comment

Don't forget Behringer offers 3-year warranty.
      --
      I build and repair guitar amps
      http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

I think the only thing that is serviceable on those is if a ribbon cable came loose. Yes, I know technically anything can be fixed, but my guess is that if there is a board level problem on these the fix is to replace the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          Take a look at this page: http://vogelchr.blogspot.com/2015/11...-teardown.html

This is not a 'simple' analog mixer.

Best bet is to take it to an authorized Behringer repair station.
          thank you for your help.repair sounds like way to go. I bought used, and knowing behinger products,i thought it be a loose ribbon cable. again thanks

Comment

"i thought it be a loose ribbon cable"

That may be a first with a Behringer product.

They use more 'hot glue' than any manufacturer that I have ever seen.

Comment

It's a Behringer, you get what you paid for. It was never meant to be repaired. I won't even take them in my shop. Almost certainly a board replacement repair. It's likely totaled.
              It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Wow, just wow...

I used to be a Behringer authorized repair shop. I never found their stuff to be any less reliable than other brands of similar gear. And about the only time I would replace a board would be if a power amp went to charcoal, or maybe a short across a 15v rail in one of those the whole front of the mixer is one board situations, where it could take hours to track down. otherwise we did component level repair all the time.

I realize schematics are a problem for any non-Behringer shops. But the surface mount thing? I sure have replaced enough of them in other brands. That early Bugera thing with the failed molex connector? I have been dealing with burnt up molex connectors since the 1970s, it isn't new or unique the Behr. I found an issue in some models where inrush thermistors hadn't taken solder well, and caused the unit to briefly lose power now and then. But I have had to repair the same failure in Marshall amps - the little heater bridge rectifier - more often.

I agree this is not a simple mixer though. On the other hand, no brand of digital mixer with WIFI will be simple.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Checking voltage rails would probably be a pretty good place to start. Power supply is one thing that might be fixable.

Comment

"Wow, just wow..."

Ouch.

I just looked it up, there are 10 authorized Behringer shops in the whole US of A. Ten. When someone brings me a Behringer (or Mackie) mixer that has some odd problem that is not obvious like a bad connection, fader, jack, etc., and I look at the problems with schematics, support, parts, not to mention SMD (which I don't do), I pass. I politely explain that for the price point they paid, it is just a practical fact that by the time they ship it to one of those ten shops, and pay for their rate, it is just cheaper to toss it and get a new one.

The fact that there are only ten Behringer shops in the country reinforces my opinion that they are not designed or intentioned to be repaired. This is now a throw away technology, and I can't be all things to all people. I don't need to, I have enough work with stuff I want to do, and thus can say no to what I don't want to do.
                    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

I do agree there is a difference between non-repairable and not economically repairable.
                      I have refused some of these and other brands based on their retail value. Selling price should be taken into consideration before even opening or accepting for repair.
                      Of course, if it is your own unit, that changes things completely.
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

XR18 is a great mixer, and a top seller.

Should have a 3 year warranty if registered, and I believe they will simply exchange it.

Comment

guitardad. thanks for the reply. I bought it used on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by fjt View Post
                            guitardad. thanks for the reply. I bought it used on ebay
                            Did you try reinstalling the firmware?

Comment

Working...
                            X