Need part to replace Vega Lap Guitar potentiometer 134010 BA011-048

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need part to replace Vega Lap Guitar potentiometer 134010 BA011-048

I acquired this older Vega lap guitar. I assume that it is a 1950s model. It only works when the volume control is in one position. I am looking for a replacement and found these numbers on the original part. I hope that someone can direct me to a replacement or help me understand what of the number is critical. Thanks in advance.
    Steve

I should have added that it is a CRL part

Comment

I can't find that number anywhere. Have you tried cleaning it? If that doesn't work, is there a value stamped on it anywhere? If not, measure it with a meter. As far as physical specs, can you post a picture of it so we can see what you have?
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks for the effort. It seems that I can't post photos as attachments yet and I don't have an online posting site.
        I double checked the numbers. The only question is the BA because only the tops of the letters are stamped well, the bottom half is smooth.
        The pot is about 24mm wide .945 inches
        The shaft is 6.5mm wide .26 inches
        The threaded section is 9.42 wide .37 inches
        It is 29mm tall overall.

There are three terminals but one is soldered to the body of the pot.
        It is a solid shaft. There might be information under the wires that are soldered to the back of the pot.

Comment

Take a look here at these pictures https://www.google.com/search?q=crl+...w=1366&bih=663

The brand of the pot will not be as important as the value. Measure legs 1 and 3 for the value of the pot, then we could help more.
          nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

It is a 250K CRL pot with a solid 1/4 shaft. The threaded part is just under a 1/2 inch. Please recommend a replacement.

Comment

Width is 15/16th but could manage up to about 1 1/2 inches.

Comment

This would probably work just as well as most others..
                https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...lid-shaft-24mm
                nosaj
                soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X