Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL100H Cutting Out!!

Hello Everyone,

Just got a used Marshall DSL100H at a great price. Everything works as it should except for this one weird thing: after about 15 minutes of playing at stage volume the amp will cut completely. It stays off until I manage to reset it by turning everything off and then on again.... then everything is back to normal. Does anyone here have experience with this? Seems like an internal fuse goes and then resets by turning the amp off and then on again. Strange...

When it cuts out all the lights stay on?
    Have you tried the patch cord in the fx loop routine?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      When it cuts out all the lights stay on?
      Have you tried the patch cord in the fx loop routine?
      lights on. no I haven't tried the patch cord in the fx loop. I will and report back. thanks

Comment

"Seems like an internal fuse goes and then resets by turning the amp off and then on again."

Fuses are NOT known for acting in this manner.

Just sayin.

Comment

Just retested and it stills cuts out after about 20minutes of playing (like clockwork). When it cuts out the tubes are still lit up and lights are all on. Turn amp off and on and it resets itself. Strange behaviour. It's still under warranty so I'll take it back, but just thought someone here might have had experience with this.

Comment

"but just thought someone here might have had experience with this. "

And then what?

This is a complicated amplifier with many distinct & separate power supplies and circuits.

Troubleshooting is troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
            X