Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo - No Input Signal

Hey guys,

Long story short - getting power/signal when I run my guitar through the FX return, but no sound when I plug into the Input. Replaced preamp tubes - didn't solve the problem. Fuse looks to be in good condition.

Any ideas?
    -Eric

Have you tried a jumper from Send to Return?

Comment

I have not, but the power/fx return seems to work fine for the clean signal

Comment

are the first 4 preamp tubes lightin up?

Comment

Here is the schematic, hope it helps
          Peavey-6505PLUS-112-Schematic.pdf
          If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by egemme28 View Post
            I have not, but the power/fx return seems to work fine for the clean signal
            Ok, pleased *do* the test and post results.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Not to hijack a thread or anything, but I have this problem right now and my first 4 preamp tubes are not lighting up... and I can play through the effects return. Pretty sure a diode crapped out... gonna take em out and measure them...if it's not that then its cap checking time.. at least it's a very straightforward and easy circuit to replace... I have 6 cap replacements if I need em...

Comment

Please just start a new thread.

Diodes and caps? The 12AX7s are in parallel, so I'd be looking for an open R82. I'd verify there is something like +6v leaving D24, D18. And verify AC between PDCH1 and PDCH2. Between them, NOT to ground.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Danglin' Fury View Post
                  ...... at least it's a very straightforward and easy circuit to replace......
                  It's also a very straightforward and easy circuit to troubleshoot. Instead of pulling and replacing components, take a few voltage measurements (as Enzo said). Is there AC coming out of the transformer? Is it getting to the rectifier? Is there DC out of the rectifier? Is it getting past R82?
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I took voltage measurements unloaded and loaded (preamp tubes installed)...2 diodes in the rectifier were bad... replaced all diodes in the rectifier and all is well...

Comment

Working...
                    X