Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok replacement piece?

Folks,

I'm trying to stay as close to the OEM parts as possible but have come across an amp that supposedly, the output Xisitors are now obsolete.

Its a Warwick Pro FET IV. Similar to a couple of the amps they currently have out. I have yet to hear back from them on this question, so I thought I'd toss it out here.

Attached (I hope) is a doc. with a diagram of the Vishay device schematic and the schematic of the device in circuit. My question, is the diode across the Vishay device going to be an issue as it does not show one in the amp schematic. It's been about a week since I emailed Warwick and the local folks and have not heard anything yet. So, thought I'd turn to you folks.

Thanks in Advance!

Andy S.
    Attached Files

An IRFP240 is an IRFP240. How a particular manufacturer draws the symbol is not really an issue.

All the PBF at the end means is "lead free." Pb is the chemical symbol for lead, and F for free. Everything is going lead-free these days to satisfy European rules. All lead-free and with-lead parts of the same type are interchangable.

Vishay makes the part, Fairchild and others no longer do, that 's all. When they no longer make a part, they call it obsolete.

Mouser sells the Vishay part for $3.15
    Allied sells the Vishay part for $2.12
    Digikey sells the Vishay part for $4.86. (Maybe they buy them from Allied and mark them up?)
    Mouser also sells the NTE replacement for $12.02. That is typical of NTE pricing, and yet another reason never to use their products.

The Vishay part will be fine, it IS an IRFP240.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      An IRFP240 is an IRFP240. How a particular manufacturer draws the symbol is not really an issue.
      Enzo,

Thanks for the quick reply. Rather be safe than sorry.

All the PBF at the end means is "lead free." Pb is the chemical symbol for lead, and F for free. Everything is going lead-free these days to satisfy European rules. All lead-free and with-lead parts of the same type are interchangeable.
      Good info to have.

Mouser sells the Vishay part for $3.15
      Allied sells the Vishay part for $2.12
      Digikey sells the Vishay part for $4.86. (Maybe they buy them from Allied and mark them up?)
      Mouser also sells the NTE replacement for $12.02. That is typical of NTE pricing, and yet another reason never to use their products.
      Thanks for the heads up on another source. Amazing the pricing ranges for the same part.

The Vishay part will be fine, it IS an IRFP240.
      Cool, shop owner and amp owner should be pleased!
      Thanks again!!!

Andy S.

Comment

Working...
      X