Effect Loop Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect Loop Problem

I've recently bought a Tech 21 Trademark 60 amp... Really happy about it overall, but I'm having a problem with the effect loop...

Basically, it's at line level instead of instrument level. Tech 21's tech support said the ebtech line shifter will work, but I'm wondering if there isn't a cheaper way to fix the problem?

Does anyone have a schematic for a fet-based version of the dumblerator? I think that's what I'm really looking for.

Thanks

Is the line out overdriving the effects you are sending it to? If so, then you need to simply pad it down. One fairly boneheaded way to do that is to simply stick a volume pedal in between the line out and whatever you have patched into the loop.

Comment

Is it SUPPOSED to be instrument level?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
        Is the line out overdriving the effects you are sending it to? If so, then you need to simply pad it down. One fairly boneheaded way to do that is to simply stick a volume pedal in between the line out and whatever you have patched into the loop.
        I'm pretty sure it's overdriving the input of the delay pedal. I tried to use my volume pedal in front of it. My volume pedal is active also, and it seems to be getting overdriven as well. The amount of distortion I hear with the volume pedal does seem to be lower than the delay, but it's still there.

I was thinking I could pad the level down, go through my effects, then bring the level back up... I'm guessing that I could bring the level back up with just an opamp, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
          Is it SUPPOSED to be instrument level?
          After emailing tech21, I guess not... (He mentioned using an EBtech level shifter.)

This same delay pedal worked fine in my old mesa/boogie dc-2, but maybe the loop is simply designed differently.

On the other hand...

I would think that most guitarists are using stop box style effects, not line level ones. I can't understand why tech21 designed this loop to use effects that most of us don't use.

Comment

Working...
          X