Premier Twin 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Twin 8

I have a Premier Twin 8. Picked it up at a pawn shop years ago. Did not know what I was buying and they did not know what they had. A previous owner decided that sloppily spray painting it black, was good idea. The amp works great, is still intact (minus one foot) and I believe is 100% original. I would like to remove this paint from the tolex/covering, but unsure of the best and most preserving method. I did take a Magic Eraser to a very small spot, which seemed to remove the spray paint, but I did not want to risk any farther damage from the chemicals I might be leaving behind, until I got some advice. So, any direction, tips, pointers, sound advice, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Great find! Have you inspected the caps and checked inside for condition?

All I can say is where I've seen folk try to remove paint from tolex it always ends up looking rather dull. Personally I would recover. Others here may well know better.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Here's a similar thread to read through for an idea of the challenges involved: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=45559
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice! I haven’t had any maintenance performed. I just know it sounds incredible and the tremolo functions in both speeds. Fairly confident the tubes are original. Speakers and guts look great. Again, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X