Jukebox renovating suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jukebox renovating suggestions

Need some help with the renovation of my old jukebox. I decided to paint the rusted parts and make it more similar like my new digital jukebox. But very recently I saw some horrendous renovation works on jukeboxes that can actually ruin your imagination. The art work was good on them but renovating them, ruined it. The paint was applied uniform but when dried out, those didn't stick well and looks like some old stocked up metal box. So I thought to get an expert opinion on this. Would the painting be effective? Another case I have heard is wrapping techniques, How would that cost and compared to each other which one is durable and provide a quality finish?
    Last edited by nosaj; 08-31-2019, 02:53 AM.

Photos would help.

Dennis, I have done jukebox repair for many years, but I do the electronics and mechanical, not the cosmetic work There are web sites devoted to jukebox restoration.. There are places that sell good looking reproductions of parts for old boxes..
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Dear Enzo, I guess you are talking to a spambot.

Al he cares about is dropping his payload, promoting a vaguely related site or place.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Dear Enzo, I guess you are talking to a spambot.

Al he cares about is dropping his payload, promoting a vaguely related site or place.
        Link removed invalid.

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

How about his other one here:
          https://music-electronics-forum.com/...l=1#post538052
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

fixed
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
            X